BPAL Madness!

The essence of pleasure heightened by pain: the raw scent of leather.

Imp: Salty leather.

Wet: Leather. Slightly smoky.
Drydown: Smoky leather. It smells like there might be a teeny bit of vetiver in this. The smokiness is very faint. And fades during furthere drydown.
Overall: This is very nice. I just wish that it would last longer on me. I've been on a leather scent kick lately and this is just perfect! wub2.gif

:thud:

Beautiful, perfect, delicious leather. On me, it goes slightly off, but on my brother, it smells a little sweet. Too sexy for my baby brother, but I'd love to smell this on a non-relative. Did that sound super creepy? Oh well. I might try this in my hair, as I love it in the imp, but it doesn't quite work on me. Pure, lovely leather. Deelish.

Out of 10: 8! But not on me :cry2:

Yeah, de Sade really is just raw. leather. :eek: How do they do it?!

Not at all good on me, but I cannot wait to try this on Le Boeuf the next time we have a hot date. :twisted:

This is quite simply delicious...nothing but leather. It actually reminds me of when I head my leather duster...fresh and just bought, that new leather smell...from imp to dry down. This is definitely something I need a bottle of...I adore this.

This is a good, solid leather note. It stays consistent from application to drydown. It's a comforting, smoky, masculine scent, but it's not really my style and I can think of other blends I'd prefer on a guy.

:thud:

I can't give this any kind of unbiased review. Its got to be my signature scent, and I didn't know I had one. I know a fair bit about leather, leathers and different applications. I love masculine oils, and this is v. definately a very comforting, deep, and evocative scent. Puts me in my happy place, which is a bit much to *ask* of a perfume, but wonderful to take from it.

De Sade

This is such delicious leather. I absolutely adore the smell of leather. Walking into a leather shop? I swoon. De Sade is that. De Sade is the gorgeous soft leather interior of a new fancy car. It's amazing, but my skin amps it until I get a migraine. Alas, Beth's genius leather note in "single note" form (as I think of De Sade) is too much for me. But I definitely love Beth's leather notes in other, more complex blends. So sexy, though.

In the imp this is has a sharp tang to the undercurrent of leather. Not really what I'd expected from the description, but not horrible. It kind of makes me think of new leather with a citrus oil worked into it.

Wet on the skin still has a bit of a citrus over-tone too it. Like over polished leather that is still gleaming from the oil. Hmm, I keep mentioning oil, and I only do so because it does have an oily scent to it. Perhaps I've just not been around true rawhide leather in a long time? Possible.

Okay, the longer this stays on, the more it becomes rawhide leather, at least what I remember it smelling like. That initial citrus-oil phase isn't horrible, just unexpected. It doesn't burn my nose like other BPAL scents that have citrus in them do.

Oh yes, dry down this is just pure unworked leather. Dried, maybe worn a bit so it is pliant an soft. Kind of fuzzy almost. Very warm and very nice. Though not something I would particularly wear solo, I think it would be nice to layer with another scent that you want to punch the leather up on.

Delicious leather. This is a million times better than Loviatar - if you want leather with roses, apply DeSade and your preferred floral, cuz? DAYUM!!!

(rolls around in it)

Vial: Leather!

On: Oh wow leather unf. Like Loviatar, but without any distractions. Straight up sexy leather.

Later: Still leather, barely any weaker. Not bad, but after a while, it gets just a smidge boring. The imp will stay to tide me and the DH over until we can purchase a bottle of Loviatar, but I don't know if we need more of this.

To me, this smells like the black leather accord present in a lot of other BPAL blends, isolated. Testing out De Sade would be a shortcut I'd recommend to any newbie curious about whether or not they'd like "leather" to feature in their perfumes. It smells somehow very clean, a bit sharp and raw, and undeniably leathery. :) Lasting power and potency doesn't seem to be very good for this particular imp, but I am definitely keeping this around for layering with scents that need a little extra oomph.

Of course I'd fall in love with this scent after it was discontinued and impossible to find...it was one of those scents I had overlooked before. It smelled like bugspray to me earlier in my BPAL career. I avoided leather after the incident. Then, I purchased an imp of Dee on a whim because it had so many raves. And...I loved it. So, of course I had to explore leather all over again and every leather scent I've tried since had been awesome. I needed some De Sade for the collection.

Pure leather. Pure Amazing.

Luckily, I have Dee, but it's not the same pure leather :( I will treasure my 1/2 imp in hopes for more.

This is way too butch and heavy on me, but it evokes De Sade alright, of whom I'm a huge fan (ever read his diary? You'd think people didn't put that stuff on paper in those days!). I like smelling it, just not on myself; I'd rather be doing reprehensible things with a gorgeous guy who has it on :twisted:

Frimp from Puddin'! Of a discontinued scent! Wow, thanks Puddin'!

Well, a lot of reviews here have said that this is spot-on for leather, and I have found that Beth's scents are usually amazingly close to what they are supposed to replicate. But in this case... not so much. Not on me, anyway. I get that this is kind of like leather, in an earthy, raw sort of way, but I definitely wouldn't have said 'ooh golly, it's leather' if I hadn't read the description. The most obvious characteristic is a rough sort of smokiness. This is an interesting scent, but didn't suit me in the least. I thought it might be just too masculine for me, but DH wrinkled his nose at it too. Never mind, I'm thrilled just to be the proud owner of a rare scent!

The best I can get from this is hospital bandages. It doesn't change and I dont smell leather. When I think of a leather scent, its Red Rider.

I love this scent so much. I am SO SAD that I missed out on ordering it before it was D/C'd :cry2:. [Anyone have imps they don't want? Anyone? Bueller?] I think I'll be despondent for weeks when my imp finally runs out...

It's all leather, in a hot and heavy kind of way - this is a scent that hits you right in the reptilian hind brain and slithers straight down to the groin. :twisted: It is seriously one of the best 'tease' scents in my arsenal - a dab of this worked onto the ends of my hair or just at the nape of my neck and it's party time! Loviatar is my other favorite, but the leather note in that is tempered by the other elements in the blend, and it just doesn't have the same impact. ^__^

Question: Are there other blends in the catalog that come anywhere close to this one? I've started ordering imp packs like mad with anything that has 'leather' in the description, but I'm certain there's something I've missed.

I was lovin' this until I read "hospital bandages". Yup, now that's what it smells like to me.

OMG. Finally a pure leather scent that works on me. Not chemical or sour or headache inducing ~ just supple, simple and almost sweet leather. I will be hoarding this imp like crazy and might share it with the right guy. :wub2:

Leather leather leather. Pure dark spicy leather. If you like De Sade I'd say The Black Rider is the next best thing to this. Or you could hold out for a Leather SN.

This is no mere leather. On the skin, it shifts and morphs to encompass all the forbidden lusts that leather can embody.

A new flogger- soft, full, and heavy, rubbed against the face. Inhale. Sink into the scent, the texture. A soft, heavy blow, deep, rich and vaguely sweet and spicy.

The sharper, harder scent of the tightly plaited whip, wrapped around the throat. slipping through a shimmering damp cleft. The oil has an edge to it- the hissing of the whip as it parts the air, the sharp crack, the sting of lash on flesh, and the radiating warmth pulsating out.

After a few hours, it is soft, buttery, and supple. The sort one would want encircling wrists, ankles, throat, and would never want to be without.

This is a sadistic, sensual, sharp and stunning sort of leather, perfectly named.

In the imp: Definitely new leather..... but I'm also getting a floral edge to it. O_o Weird. The more times I sniff it, the stronger the leather gets. Maybe the label's picked up some of the other scents from my imp box?

Wet on skin: Oh yes. Fresh leather. I think the floral I was getting before is just the edge of that leather, as though it were freshly cleaned, and possibly off the label rather than the oil itself.

Dried down: Sweet leather, lovingly worn with hints of perfume and sweet grass. This is delightful.

Throw: This definitely has some throw on me.

Verdict: ***** I don't think this is a scent I'm going to want to wear often, but one that I think I'd save for those special occasions, when I want that specific scent. IT does make me think of sex, though. Might be a good one to wear next time I think of writing erotica (I don't think I've been successful at that, yet). And honestly, if I come across a bottle, and I can afford it, I am SO buying it.

I was very considerately gifted an imp of this in a swap and was *very* excited to try it. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately all things considered) this did not work for me. It's leather, certainly, but very faint and with a bitter overlay. And it's exceedingly faint (subtle?). I can definitely see this working really well on a man, but unlike several other "manly scents" I've run into on BPAL it does nothing for me when I wear it. Perversion is a much better fit. :)

I was lucky enough to pick up a decant of original De Sade in a batch of DC'd imps, right about the time the resurrection was announced. And while it's nice, I'm not totally blown away by it. It's leather all right, kind of new leather, sexy dominatrix leather. I get a little bit of throw and it lasts a good while, but I realize I prefer leather as an ingredient, not as the whole scent. I'll definitely hang on to my imp, and I'm delighted I got to try it, but I don't need more than this.