BPAL Madness!

A vital, bold scent, throbbing with sensuality. Essence of dragon’s blood resin, thickened with myrrh and cherry, with a trickle of clove.

I don't really like the smell of cherries but I love the smell of clove and have been dying to find out what dragon's blood smells like so I was super excited to get this as a frimp. Unfortunately the only things I can identify are cherry incense and teeny tiny hint of clove, it's also incredibly powerful taking more than one big sniff of it starts to make my head dizzy so overall the description is apt. I wouldn't necessarily want to wear this again but if you want heads to spin as you walk by I would recommend Blood

In the imp: spicy cherry candy

Wet: cherry starts going a little cough-syrupy. I think the ultra-sweet cherry I get from DBR is pushing the cherry much too sweet and the clove is quite strong as well.

Dry: Much more restrained cherry, I think the myrrh is really holding down the fort, and the spice settled down as well. Surprised about how the DBR is working on my skin

Edited by roseus

Got both this and Bloodlust as frimps in the same order.

In theory, I should like this. In practice, the clove just takes over and while I LIKE clove, I don't LOVE clove. The myrrh starts to step up to it after an hour, but the cherry and DBR might as well not even be in there. This could be one of those that needs to age for a long time, but I have other DBR scents that I like better anyway.

The throw on this is impressive!

Wet: Deepened, darkened dragon's blood; dragon's blood and myrrh, with a tiny bit of clove.

Dry: Very, very similar to the wet stage. I think whatever cherry was in this, my skin ate up.

I'd say the clove is popping out just a bit more than the wet stage, but otherwise, it's all the same. It's like a deep, smokey dragon's blood.

I enjoy dragon's blood scents, but this one has left me a little "meh"; though that's not the blend's fault, I'm just not the biggest fan of clove. ;)

Edited by donkehpoo