BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Oneiroi

Created to invoke the ancient Greek deities of dreams. On the shores of the ocean, somewhere in the West, they dwell behind their gates of horn and ivory. Soporific, dark, and unfathomable: a somnambular blend of deep lavender, white sandalwood, jasmine, bergamot and mugwort.

This smells exactly like Irish Spring soap on my skin. Weird! It's really actually starting to bother me, I haven't tested one that I had to wash off in a while, but this one can't stay.

Soft lavender and jasmine pjs to wrap oneself in as night falls and the eyelids become heavy, sandalwood gives it an extra sophisticated air, it's most like BBW's Midnight Tea blend. In fact I would recommend using both in conjunction with one another, that'll be a crazy ride! Since Mugwort is said to hone psychic abilities, I will be paying extra attention to how it affects my dreamstate.

Wet: When I first put this on it reminded me of my Aunt’s powder room, which smells like fancy old-fashioned soaps and herbal potpourri. It’s a nice, comforting smell.

10 Minutes in: A peculiar wood note appears. It’s earthy and possibly rotten. All of a sudden I’m getting a campground latrine. Not pleasant.

15 Minutes in: Fresh lavender appears and tries to assert itself against the latrine note, but never quite wins the battle. It alternates between the pretty powder room scent and the lavender-infused latrine scent for the remainder of my waking moments.

Eight hours later a trace of light herbs is all that lingers.

I wasn’t expecting this to remind me of a bathroom, let alone two! Scent-wise it’s an oddball. Sleep-wise I can report that I slept like a log and woke up fairly refreshed, so I’d say that it works. If I had any dreams I was too knocked out to remember them.

4 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

In the imp it smelt very strongly of lavender, but the first time I tried it the bergamot was the dominant note. However the second time it was straight Jasmine and it's been jasmine ever since. There's not much else I can really say about it. I didn't notice myself falling asleep or sleeping easier and I'm not super keen on jasmine. Perhaps someone else will like it better.

Colour association: Burnt Orange.

Edited by Scorianelle

This is a fairly well aged frimp ( at least 2 years old , maybe 3 ) . And while I know it's not in the description , I swear the first thing I got was a blast of something much like patchouli . It was strong , smoky and dark . After not even a half a minute , it started to clear out and the more expected flowers came out . This is a nice , relaxing scent . Very soothing . Not a favorite , but not hated either . Falls somewhere in the middle of my BPAL appreciation scale .

In the bottle - A dark ripe lavender

Wet on me - A warm rich lavender and a very indol heavy floral

Dry on me - The indols go to cat pee on me and overpower everything else

Overall - Just didn't work on my skin chemistry

I had so much luck with Somnus that I decided to try another Somnium blend. For me, Oneiroi isn't quite as potent; it doesn't guarantee a good night's sleep as much as Somnus. It's more hit or miss, I guess. But it does have a calming effect, so I still enjoy having it, for when I'm not particularly anxious at bedtime and just feel like changing it up. Scentwise, Somnus is more medicinal lavender and herbs, while Oneiroi is softer...green herbal notes, yes, but also floral ones (jasmine, especially.) The lavender isn't really that noticeable, whereas it's the focal point of Somnus.

as usual, all i smell is jasmine. (my skin amps jasmine up to 11.) maaaaybe some bergamot. i have only tried this to help me sleep and it has worked well both times! however, i fell asleep pretty fast, before i can find out if any of the other notes come forth. :laugh:

Edited by theseagrows

I can catch the lavender for maybe the first ten minutes on, and then it turns into Ave Maria Gratia Plena. I don't mean these are similar. I mean I cannot smell any difference between these two scents, at all, once they've been on for more than ten minutes.

Neither of them are bad, I like both of them, but I was kind of hoping to have two different perfumes instead of one perfume with two names.

I really dislike lavender so I'm extremely skeptical of this one, but hey, I'll try anything.

In imp: Nopenopenopenopenope. Full-on strong lavender and other sour florals.

Wet on skin: Okay, I applied just the tiniest dab in hopes it might magically transform into something wonderful on my skin.... but nope. Still not a fan.

Dry: Well, my nose isn't so offended that I haven't washed it off -- but this is pretty much a pure lavender scent to me and that's not my thing. :(

All I'm getting from this is a soft blend of lavender and jasmine. It's not bad, but it is something I'd reserve for winding down as opposed to a daytime scent. There's a smidge of bergamot when it dries, but nothing too dramatically different from when it was first applied. I'll have to try it out as a sleep scent as it does feel very dreamy.

I'm finally doing a proper review of this one. It's harder to review sleep blends over a period of a few hours when they actually make you sleepy. :P

In the imp: I'm mostly getting all of the floral notes from this (with the jasmine in the lead), with some white sandalwood behind them. I'm not getting the bergamot from the imp.

Wet: The lavender is the first note to leap out at me, followed by the jasmine, but I am getting some of the bergamot on my skin. Then the dry, white sandalwood emerges, and the jasmine starts to grow stronger.

Dry: The jasmine note has declared dominion over the other notes. But there's an additional sweetness behind the jasmine, and a bit of the bergamot and sandalwood behind those notes.

Verdict: Of the Somnium scents, this is the one that I reach for the least, but I should probably change that, given that it is making me want to go to sleep. Scent-wise, it's not something I'd elect to wear, but I'll keep my imp on hand for its sleep purpose.

I get the lavender and possibly the sandalwood at first, but I end up amping the jasmine above all, and possibly because I don't really associate jasmine with sleep, Oneiroi doesn't seem to help me get to sleep any more easily. However, I did dream pretty vividly, in snippets earlier in the night and then a meatier dream in the early morning hours. This might be one to wear with another oil that helps with the sleep itself.