BPAL Madness!

Inspired by and created for my beloved Tedwin: my eternal, beautiful, wicked Dorian Gray. Refined, elegant, and lovely, with a noble bearing and seemingly gentle air. This blend is an artful deception: a sweet gilded blossom lying over a twisted and corrupted core. A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

I am not sure what year my imp is from, as someone frimped it to me, but on my skin, this is just straight up lemony vaniulla tea with cream and sugar. i am not sure where the corruption dorian gray reference comes in as this smells so sweet and innocent, but then again, my skin is the black hole where scent comes to die unless it's made out of super heavy stuff, so it may just be me. that being said, i will definately be ordering a bottle now that it's back in stock for my daughter, and for days when i feel sweet and innocent, even though i'm not. oh, hey, maybe thats the point.

This is so lovely. It actually reminds me of a commercial perfume--a small sample of Eau So Sexy that I got from Victoria's Secret, no less. It has a similar sweet-citrus-floral composition.

On first application there's the strong scent of bergamot. As it dries, it becomes more subdued and sweet like a lemon pastry. There's vanilla in the background and a creaminess that's to die for. I can't place the floral but my nose isn't educated when it comes to floral notes. Some have said lavender and that may be right. It reminds me of a lavender and sandalwood laundry detergent I used to buy. There's a light, musky undertone but rather than in-your-face heavy incense musk, it's soft musk that balances the citrus and the tea. And this reminds me of something else--an earl grey creme that I get from a local coffee shop. I'm not complaining. These are ALL things that I love. It doesn't throw very far and it tends to fade rapidly, so I slather it on and reapply throughout the day.

This could easily be an everyday wear for me. I'm so happy that I have a bottle in the mail right now.

TLDR: earl grey creme in scent form

Edited by pigeonheart

I hope Mr. Gray accepts the position as my new boyfriend, because this ish is beautiful!

I was a little nervous to try this one seeing as I usually go for spicy scents, and I was worried about it being too masculine, but oh my God, it's wonderful. I believe the hype on this one.

Side note -- my bottle is very, very aged(probably around 10 years?).

Wet: Tea, and light musk.

Dry: Ohhhhh there it is. Sweet vanilla tea mingling with some musk. There's a lot of depth to the vanilla in this scent (I'm sure moreso because of how aged my bottle is), but somehow still manages to smell kind of "fresh". It's divine. Definitely wears close to the skin.