BPAL Madness!
amunnefret

Spellbound

Perfectly enchanting! An irresistibly sexual, utterly rapturous blend of three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk.

This smelled deliciously of roses in the bottle, but oh! How I was deceived! It's nothing but a moldy wet musk when applied to my skin.

I think Im realizing that Im not a fan of red musks. This is the second red musk fragrance Ive tried today and I haven't been a fan of either. I don't get the rose at all in this.

Wet it is strong red musk.

The dry down is the same. This really hasn't changed at all for me.

The throw of this is killer! Its super strong and shows no sign of wearing down. A little goes a long way I guess.

Overall, I had high hopes for this one but Im just not a fan.

Oh my god, this is incredible.

In the imp: Roses and what may be the musk or amber. The roses are especially strong in this stage, but are mellowed out by the other notes.

Wet, on the skin: Very rich roses, a bit of spice, a bit of sweetness. It has an almost patchouli kind of quality here for a little bit, but it's faint.

After immediate drydown: My coworker said I smelled of roses and citrus, like lemon, and sweet. At this point, on me, it wasn't dissimilar from Lush's Rose Jam. While not exactly alike, that was my immediate thought. There's just something sharp and clean here with the rose, perhaps even the rose itself.

Dry, over time: As this dries, the roses linger, but don't get powedery at all on me! They blend exceptionally well with the amber and red musk, and it all comes together to create something sweet (but not cloying), warm, deep, and creamy. It's almost a strong vanilla, but with that touch of spice that elevates it, and it keeps the roses from smelling too elderly. The "lemon" scent disappeared. It's absolutely delicious, very inviting, and rather sensual. To me, it smells "expensive." The smell is still strong after 6 hours.

I love this one and my skin chemistry loves it, too. It completely warrants a full bottle.

Edited by artoria

Red musk and red roses. It's mostly a floral scent as it's what's right up front. The red musk really just gives the roses some backbone to rest on. I don't think this one works for me as the roses smell as if they are starting to age and decay. I'm chalking it up to weird skin chemistry and sending it to swaps.

Frimp in a recent lab order. This smells exactly like a rose incense I burned all the time in freshman year of college, and I mean exactly. As if I'm standing right next to the incense burner. It's not just rose plus incense, it's a smoky heady rose incense. Strong, strong throw. It's very pretty, but unfortunately not something I want to wear on my skin.

This smells exactly like walking into a new age shop- pure incense. It's nice and I like the mental imagery it conjures, but I wouldn't wear this as I don't like to smell like incense.