BPAL Madness!
Lucretia

Marquise de Merteuil

Stately, bold, aristocratic and cruel. Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver.

In the imp: peach and undistinct flowers. Sweet but not sugary.

Wet: the peach dies down almost instantly on me, and this is full-on flowers and amber. I can also smell the vetiver underneath, which gives the scent a bit of depth.

Drydown: lovely spicy yellow flowers with a bit of sweetness and wood underneath. Rather perfumey but not soapy at all. I really like this.

This one is a winner for me. It does seem to be pretty dependent on skin chemistry though, because the first time I tested it I remember it smelling more strongly of white florals (I liked it both ways).

Wet: This leads with light peach, followed by light florals. I think I detect some lavender. The amber sweetens it up. I can't detect the vetiver, but there is a slight dustiness. It's much lighter and brighter than I expected. Pretty, but not wowing me.

Dry: Peach and florals with something a little bit darker underneath - galbanum and vetiver I think. Sweetened nicely by the amber without being sickly sweet or cloying. I can't pick out any individual floral notes - what I thought might have been lavender disappeared. I am not very familiar with jonquil. This is quite nice, but it's not wowing me, and there are other peachy smells I like better.

Opulent is right! The peach is subtle at first as the amber is pretty prominent, but it quickly starts to enter the equation. It started to get kind of perfume-y, but then the peach keeps it from becoming too much so. It is definitely stately and pretty, but I am a little too plebeian for such airs, I suppose.

Imp: almost heady floral
Wet on Me: that heady floral but not yet
Drying Down: still a heady floral but with that powder-y note I get from amber. the way it's amping on my skin there has to be rose, lilac or lily.
Dry: a powdery floral that gets very heady under my nose very quickly. I think this could be someone else's cup of tea. to trade.