BPAL Madness!

A quiet moment between a father and his daughter. We might be related.

A splash of Tombstone, red velvet musk, and a red licorice whip.

This is a lovely fragrance, although not exactly what I expected. I've let it rest for a few days before I posted my thoughts here.

I don't really get a lot of Tombstone from this. I do get a certain woody sweetness underlying the scent, but it really doesn't smell at all like Tombstone to me when I sniff them side by side, nor does it have the throw of Tombstone. I was expecting the over-the-top vanilla sweetness in my 8-year old bottle of Tombstone. As it dries, more of the almost root beer sweetness of Tombstone does come out.

I do get a bit of the red licorice whips: a tiny touch of anise and a generic red fruit, probably more cherry than strawberry but not prominent. The red velvet musk is not something that red musk haters need to fear, IMHO. I almost get a hint of patchouli?

This one is going to age spectacularly, I believe.

Reading the notes, I would never have thought this would smell so fantastic, but having smelled Tombstone on Ted at DragonCon, I knew this would be a winner. A cowboy in a candy store!

Purchased a bottle, because yeah, it’s that good. It also makes me want to experiment with layering my bottle of Tombstone with other Fatherhood favorites.