BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

The Queen of Hel

“I am Hel,” she said simply. “The dead come to me, and they do not return to the lands above. Why should I let Balder go?”
– Norse Mythology, Neil Gaiman

Lilith loves cosplaying, and while she has done many characters, none has suited her quite as well as Hela has. She debuted this look at C2E2 this year, complete with tiny plush Fenris.

Tiny mistress of the underworld: gleaming black leather, luminescent green amber, and gargantuan hellhound musk.

This smells like soft brown leather, tinges of amber and musk. But yeah, soft feminine leather like in Heroine. Medium throw and wear length.

A big reason I wanted this was because I love Hela and Cate Blanchett :laugh: but I also had a feeling all the notes would be wonderful together. I always want to try musk and amber scents if I can, and to have them together was irresistible.

Musk is the main attraction as The Queen of Hel dries on my skin. It reminds me of another musk that I remember from the '80s but can't quite place. The leather is a beautiful complement to the musk and the green amber floats around it all like a glowing cloud, truly luminescent as the description says (how does Beth do it?). It's soft, like zankoku_zen said. This is Hela when she's feeling a little more mellow, not on a rampage.

I feel a bit stronger and more confident when I wear this, like I'm wearing bad-ass black leather armor.

Wet: Sweet, musky leather. I wonder what the "hellhound musk" actually is, since I'm pretty sure that's where the sweet aspect is coming from.

Dry: Reminds pretty much the same as the wet stage, only a bit muskier now. More of a feminine leather scent, for sure.

I'll hold on to my decant! I'm not in the mood enough to wear leather to where I'll need a full bottle. ;)