BPAL Madness!
wendyb1063

The Dream is Big Enough for Everyone

We believe that the American dream is big enough for everyone, for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people and for people with disabilities. For everyone.

Lilith at the Women’s March DTLA, 2018.

Nasty Woman? Nah, Nasty Tween: honeyed fig and sugar-dusted patchouli, sweet amber oud, a drop of red currant, and vanilla cream.

I always blind-buy at least one Lilith each year. This year I immediately purchased "The dream is big enough for everyone" because I love the sentiment behind the scent (and the notes sounded gorgeous).

It's fresh out of the mailbox, but I couldn't resist a quick test. I'll try to add to this review later.

Wet: I can detect most of the notes except the vanilla cream. I mostly get honeyed fig with a tiny bit of patchouli. It's not particularly sweet, and fruitier than I expected. It's very pretty and quite powerful.

As it dries, I get even more fruitiness with a bit more sweetness. It's making my mouth water!

Lilith has such a kind heart, tempered by a soul of Virgo. She is the future, a changed future. This makes me happy.

Fig and patchouli are beautiful together, though my skin is a bit finicky with fig. This scent is sweet, and fruity, though it's not particularly foodie. The red currant is much more prominent as it dries down. I'm not finding much vanilla cream.

I'm thinking this may need a little age on it for me to truly appreciate it. I'm digging the fruity patchouli quite a bit though.

Wet: The patchouli has come out swinging, followed by amber and fig. Not getting much sweetness at the moment, which I'm a little surprised by...

Dry: Sweeter than the wet stage, which I'm happy about! Fig, patchouli, a little bit of red currant, and something sweet. Getting a honey note, but I think there's something else sweet in here as well. It's not coming off as the vanilla cream, so it's probably the "sugar-dusted" part of the patchouli note.

In the Bottle:

Sweetened patchouli and oudh

On the Skin:

Patchouli, fig and a light oudh. Absolutely gorgeous! The cream adds some roundness/fattiness and the tinge of vanilla adds depth. This is a blend verging on foodie but not actually getting there. A girlier version of Nasty Woman and worth backup hoarding.

On the Drydown:

The patchouli becomes huskier and more prominent as this dries down but seems to constantly change between gritty and sweet smoothness. Love!

This is quite soft on me; from even a short distance it just smells vaguely musky and a bit powdery.

Close to the skin, though, I find lots of grainy sugar over some fig, patchouli, and vanilla cream, and smidges of each other listed note. It's an immediately likable and pretty combination.

The Dream has lots of potential, but I think it may need some time to age and fill out more. If it does, it'll be a bottle for me... at least one.

Red currant, oudh, and patchouli. This is a fruitier, kinder version of Nasty Woman. That said, I am amping out the oudh and it definitely drowning out the patchouli base making it way more floral than I anticipated. Good throw and wear length.

This stayed very close to my skin, which really surprised me. Based on the notes I thought it would have a lot more projection. It was straight up fruity patchouli on me. Mostly currants, with a bit of fig. It was sweet from the honey. It was really pretty but because I could only smell it by huffing my wrists, I'll have to pass on a full bottle.

I will retest The Dream is Big Enough for Everyone in a couple more days because today my skin just ate up the patchouli. I got honeyed fig and creamy redcurrant with a base of warm feminine oudh. I'm hoping a little more age will allow the patchouli to come forward; right now it's a little sweet for me, though very lovely.

In the decant: I’m mostly getting the red currant and honeyed fig.

Wet: The red currant is the most prominent note on me, followed by the honeyed fig (I get more honey than fig).

Dry: The red currant and honeyed fig continue to reign, with the fig being more prominent now. I am not getting any of the patchouli or amber oudh, but there’s a whiff of vanilla cream in the background.

Verdict: I have never tried Nasty Woman. I thought it wouldn’t really be my thing after deciding I didn’t want a strong patchouli and fig scent like To His Mistress Going to Bed. But I wanted to try this one since the notes are lighter and sweeter. For some reason, I am mostly just getting the fruits and honey from this, and none of the darker notes. It has had several days to settle -- maybe it needs more in order for those notes to come out? I may retest this in a few weeks, but at the moment, I feel like this is too fruity for me.