BPAL Madness!
mollison

Scorched Marshmallows

Lilith loves to camp, but she’s not a huge fan of roughing it. This year, we opted for some cabin glamping with some of Lilith’s best friends.

This is the scent of Kyle and Lilith deliberately setting marshmallows on fire, with chocolate and graham crackers as an afterthought.

In the bottle, I only get marshmallow, a bit of chocolate, and a hint of the graham cracker. On the skin, the smoky note immediately comes to the forefront! The sweetness is still there. After 10 minutes, the smokiness is much more faint and plays evenly with the sweetness, though the sugar note went a bit plasticky on me (as sugar notes from BPAL often do, so if you normally don't have that problem, you should be fine).

I don't currently have The Gorobble because I sold it a couple years ago, but from my memory, The Gorobble is MUCH much smokier/burnt and had a different sugar note. This one seems to be the sugar in, say, Sugar Skull, plus a bit of milk chocolate and graham cracker in the background, but not so much that it's a discernably *chocolatey* scent. This one is also very sweet, but much more wearable than The Gorobble or any of the chocolate scents I have, because it's so well-balanced between the different notes. Could also be compared to Liz, but sweeter and with the hints of chocolate and cracker.

Hours later, this is very reminiscient of Liz. No plastic now, just smoky sweet vanilla. Nice!

Smores! This smells like roasted marshmallows with hints of chocolate and graham. So if you're looking for a smores scent, look no more. Medium throw and wear length.

Agree with Zzankoku...it has a smokiness to it, but has a light milk choco, marshmallow and graham cracker note all mixed together. it's really lovely... and yes, it is light on me. Not heavy or cloying, so if you are afraid of it being that way, it isn't!

Edit to add mine is a decant. :)

Edited by Numanoid

Well, this stinks (literally, I guess, too). I was hoping for toasted marshmallow graham s’mores, but all I get seems to be... vetiver? I can tell there’s something else trying to poke out, but it’s sweet and amorphous at the moment. Maybe a little aging will do the trick, but if it IS vetiver giving off the smokiness, I’m pretty sure that’s all I’ll ever get. :( If you can’t do vetiver, I would try this only as a decant, and then maybe graduate to a bottle if you get the other notes. :)

This is what I always WANT to smell like after hanging by a campfire. I'm not getting any chocolate or graham, but that's cool because this is pretty spot on smoky burning marshmallow. I think it will pair beautifully with other chocolate-forward scents.

I'm very particular about foodies, and the operative word that attracted me here for me was "scorched." So when I first applied Scorched Marshmallow and all I got was milk chocolate, graham cracker and warm marshmallow, I didn't think it would work for me. Too sticky sweet. But within minutes, the smoky note emerged on my skin, and the combination with the s'mores scent was glorious. I got better throw from this scent than I usually get and good wear length too. It's not heavy; the sweetness and smokiness stay in a nice balance on me, and it's a wonderful sweet campfire scent. Win!

This isnt the foodie scent that I expected. I get a less-Christmassy version of Hearths fireplace smoke mixed with a creamy sweet note makes me think of Boo. No chocolate that I can discern, although the graham cracker may be contributing to the spiciness that makes me think of Hearth.

And if you combine Boo and Hearth, you get Boarth, which sounds kinda like Birth and now Im 100% convinced this is all an elaborate scent-pun, so don't try to tell me otherwise. I will accept my reward for cracking the code in the form of free oils (and also maybe some wand caps).

Anyway, I love it more than I would a straight-up smores scent. This is more like marshmallow incense, or maybe a sugared campfire. Either way, Im here for it.

Edited by sailthetethys