BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Meditation Buddy

Ever since Lilith was five or so, she and I have meditated together. We do Headspace, we do breathing exercises, we just sit and share space together in silence. Sometimes we do it in the morning to start our day, sometimes we meditate at night to unwind.

Our meditation space smells like vanilla-laced frankincense, Florida Water, sandalwood incense, salt crystals, candle wax, and white rose petals.

Meditation Buddy to me smells like Florida water, vanilla, incense, and a whiff of white roses. It's complex, mellow, and very calming. I am actually digging this alot. Medium throw and wear length.

In the Bottle:

Wax, rose, incense and a touch of vanilla to smooth it out

On the Skin:

Beautiful candle wax, soft rose and little of the citrus from the Florida water. The incense is heavy, sweet and round - beautiful. This reminds me of my beloved Hand of Glory with rose and citrus, both of which just simmer under the surface.

On the Drydown:

This is hoard worthy and will become divine with age. The Florida water note is pure genius which could have gone wrong without the light touch. The rose, my least favourite note in many blends, is delightful and just adds to the whole without overtaking the blend. Stunning in it's complexity and in it's inspiration.

Wet: Sweet and salty frankincense, with a smidgen of candle wax.

Dry: Sweet frankincense, white rose, and candle wax. It's still a little salty, but much less than the wet stage. I'm not typically a fan of roses in my perfumes, but it's very soft and pretty here. (Yay white rose!)

The name of the blend fits perfectly; this is a very calming, soothing scent. I can see it becoming pretty popular! For me though, I'll just stick with the decant.

Meditation Buddy reminds me of Flickering Lantern (beeswax, tobacco leaf, a whiff of smoke, purple rose petals) without any of the purple, and with ... I want to call it vanilla swamp. There is a vanilla-tinged, slightly swampy aquatic note.

I get a beeswax-incense rose on a background of vanilla swamp-water.

I can see reasons for love here. As with Flickering Lantern, though, there's a sort of cloying quality in this rose, or perhaps in this combination, that isn't quite working for me. I love the beeswax-incense-vanilla portion, though.