BPAL Madness!
boomtownrat

Dignified. Elegant. Sophisticated.

We were made for each other.

Snake Oil and bubblegum.

When I open the bottle, a waft of pink bubblegum jumps up into my nose to make me smile. On my skin, the bubblegum is at the forefront until it dries, when it becomes a sugary version of Snake Oil. If you love the original Snake Oil, then I think you'll want this, too. I'm thinking of buying another bottle before they come down.

I've never met the Barrials, but I can really tell there's a lot of love and happiness between mother and daughter in this scent.

I layer Snake Oil with just about everything, so when a Snake Oil is in a blend, I automatically want it.

My favorite SO combinations are with Eat Me, and Very Pink Cake. This scent is the embodiment of my favorite combinations. Rich mysterious Snake Oil and a screaming pink sweetness.

This will be in heavy rotation, I'm sure.

I have said before in other reviews that I adore Beth's bubble gum note and henceforth, I really need to try this. In the bottle the bubble gum is there but once applied it's a sweeter version of Snake Oil. I do love me all the Snake Oil so I think this is a win-win.

In the bottle - Spicy sweet Snake Oil bubblegum!

Wet - Spicy bubblegum. Like ... carnation bubblegum.

Drydown - More Snakey as it dries. Snake Oil can be a bit much for me if it's not aged. In this scent, the sweetness of the bubblegum cuts the intensity of the Snake Oil.

Verdict - It stays pretty linear throughout the day. Snake Oil and bubblegum, just like it says. Not much else to add, except that I can't WAIT for it to age. It's going to be a gorgeous blend.

Lotus and Snake Oil. For me, the bubblegum note from the lotus is the single most dominant player. As it dries, some of the sugared vanilla comes through but it ends up being almost overwhelmingly bubblegum on me. Great throw and wear length. Of course.

Just as the description implies: BPAL's Snake Oil blend plus bubblegum. It hovered on the edge of plastic on me (NOOOO) but then settled down nicely. My husband suggested I get more, he liked it that much on me. Good throw and longevity. Doesn't replace Snakes in the Pumpkin Patch as my favorite, but certainly a contender. A good warm-weather scent.

Wet: Bubblegum hits me first, with a little Snake Oil trailing behind.

Dry: This went a little plastic-y on me, and the bubblegum note is super faint. Snake Oil is the star of the show.

I love me some Snake Oil, but this version didn't "wow" me.

In the decant, yep... a blast of bubblegum. I actually never got a bubblegum scent from the Lab because it is a note that isn't my thing.. but I can't pass up anything with Snake Oil in it. It does sweeten up the S.O. as it dries, but it is quite... good. I'm surprised, since I am not a fan of girly, overly sweet scents, as bubblegum implies. :) It does go a bit plastic-y on me, but the S.O. keeps it from being icky! Don't think I need a bottle since I think this is one I wouldn't reach for.

Edited by Numanoid

This is the gummy bears, bubble gum, and Snake Oil Motherhood fragrance sans gummy bears. It’s Lilith’s bubblegum, and Beth’s Snake Oil. Innocent and lovely dries to mysterious and enchanting. I definitely see the two of them here, and I can see Lilith becoming her own woman in the eyes of Beth here.

Bubblegum is overwhelming at first, but the Snake Oil comes out more as it dries. I wouldn't expect for these 2 to work together, but they are great!