BPAL Madness!

Lilith has several blankies that mean the world to her, and this is one of them. She’s had it since she was a baby, and she still sleeps with it every night. This blankie has been all over the US, has been to innumerable conventions, and has visited Paris, London, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Salzburg, and Berlin. This blankie has been a comfort in sorrow and a companion in joy. It has been clutched in laughter and has been succor in illness. This blanket has seen thousands upon thousands of dreams.

May it always keep you warm, safe, and happy, Lilith.

French lavender, skin musk, and a drop of rose water.

I retrieved this from the mailbox around 1 PM and am testing it 9 hours later. I normally give a scent at least an entire day to settle before testing it, if not more, so I will amend my review if my experience is different when I try this tomorrow. :)

In the bottle, Blue Blankie is a blast of strong French lavender. I can smell the rose water in the background, and then the skin musk. I bought this to use as a sleep scent, and just from the bottle, I have to say that I can’t imagine using it for another purpose. This is no daytime lavender.

Wet: The French lavender dominates, but I am getting a lot more of the rose water and skin musk on my skin than I did from the bottle. The rose water is fresh and tart and makes me think of pink roses. It’s becoming stronger as it sits on my skin. It’s like Lilith’s lavender + TAL Nocturne, only not as strong on the rose.

Dry: I was worried that the rose water would take over at one point (it definitely feels like more than a drop on me), but this ends up being pretty even on the lavender and rose water once dry. The skin musk comes out more over time, so that after a few hours, it ends up being a skin musk infused with rose water and what remains of the lavender. It’s cozy and comforting.

Verdict: I leapt for a bottle of this one because I adore lavender and thought it would make a nice sleep scent. I will be keeping my bottle and using it for that purpose, but I don’t think that a back-up bottle will be necessary.

Blue lavender sugar. This smells like a sugary lavender musk. Sort of like TKO but sweeter and slightly muskier. Good throw and wear length.

I wore Blue Blankie as a sleep scent once and then lost the decant (sigh).

However, I recall a potent French lavender first up. I also kept smelling hops right alongside it. I couldn’t lose the hops impression with the lavender. It reminded me of the lavender-hops pairing of Lilith’s HG and Fuck This Heat.

Blended in was a pretty musk, light but without most of the powder I get from white musk. Yay, skin musk.

The rose appeared in drydown and was quite potent on me. It had aquatic hints, but wasn’t at all like a few rose water notes that haven’t worked on me in other blends.

I’m glad I got to test this before it wandered off, but I hope to try it later when I’m awake. :-)