BPAL Madness!

The world over which he rules: bitter almond and gold oudh.

Freshly applied, The Orb gives me a potent blend of some orange (I want to say sweet mandarin), an only slightly bitter almond, and a mellow oudh. Sometimes I think I get a hint of blood orange or red mandarin in this citrus, but for all that, the citrus feels smooth rather than sharp. It softens the blend in a watercolor of gold and orange.

The Orb reminds me of Scepter of the Empress, with that one's mandarin and amber oudh, but without the extra lift from its bergamot. I also don't get the animalic tone from the Orb's oudh that I did from the oudh in the Scepter. This feels like a grounding and supportive background oudh. Could this be more of the blend I wanted from the Scepter?

This also reminds me a bit of Like the Flashing of Light, a blend that developed beautifully over the months. When I realized how nicely it had aged, I wore it once or twice a week until it was gone. This one has some of its mood.

I might need to indulge in a bottle of this.

Wet, this is all soft sesame-almond nuttiness. It reminds me of the almond note in Romans 13:8, actually.

As it dries down, the oud comes out more, giving it an incense quality, but still with that soft nuttiness.

.. and then it's gone from my skin, POOF! I liked it while it lasted.

Sesame oudh. I get a nutty sort of oudh on the drydown. On wet, it's a very fumey oudh. Medium throw and wear length.