BPAL Madness!
torikitty

Western Pygmy Blue

A flutter of bronze and azure blue: coconut amber, patchouli and tobacco absolute with blue lotus petal, lilac, tobacco petal, dried blueberry and blackcurrant, and khus.

Dang, this is nice! A really nice summery twist for tobacco lovers. I feel that the floral parts are in the background enough to let the amber, patchouli, tobacco, and blueberry do their magic. I'd say the coconut amber really takes the stage, but the stage is definitely tobacco. The vetiver is so light, I don't detect it.

This and Queen Butterfly are the two that smell better in the bottle than on me this year. In the bottle, this is a beautiful scent of earthy patchouli and tobacco, sweetened with a baked blueberry note, warmed up with amber, and made all creamy from the coconut. On my skin, the blueberry and lilac quickly amp up and are a little too sweet for me, and the tobacco note goes smoky in the background. Blueberry candy and cigarette smoke. It also fades really fast on me and stays close to my skin with not much throw, which is strange for all of the deeper base notes.

Coconut, patchouli, amber, and whiffs of khus and blackcurrant. This is mainly a coconut-patch-amber blend on me. It's sort of deep, brown, coconutty goodness. Good throw and wear length.

Love! When first applied, I want to call it Butterfly Lace, because the combination of delicate florals, patch & tobacco reminds me of my impressions of Lavender Lace, Solstice Lace, & Shadow Lace (not exactly the same, but generally.)

As it dries, the coconut moves forward a little more, & it's wonderful. Balanced, warm, & pretty darn subtle for a patchouli blend. This patchouli works for me, which makes me happy as I have been amping it recently.

I'm glad I got a decant, & I have a bottle in my cart.