BPAL Madness!

Russet amber and orange blossom honey, red labdanum and wild plum, golden musk and a rustle of patchouli root.

Mostly orange blossom honey and patchouli in the bottle, and it's a lovely, creamy, sweet orange blossom and dry patchouli. I wish that this is the scent that showed up on my skin, but that's not to be.

On my skin, this actually gets sweeter (a bit cloying) and more powdery than I would like, and the patchouli instantly disappears and never returns. There's a weird, slightly funky soapiness that makes me think of rest room soap, and I think that's the honey note going a bit urine-like on me, and the orange blossom trying to clean it up. The amber and musk form a powdery, perfumey cloud around the intensely sweet honey and slight funkiness.

No plum or patchouli for me, unfortunately.

Orange blossom, honey, plum and amber. Honestly, I get a very sweet orange/mandarin note from this, and then whiffs of plum, amber and maybe a dollop of musk. It has a slight orange creamsicle-ness on me without actually being foodie. Medium throw and wear length.

In the decant: Orange blossom, honey, and amber. A little extra sweetness from plum?

Wet on skin: Orange blossom and amber

Drydown: Orange blossom, with a resiny sweetness - just a tinge of honey. The orange blossom in this is very true.

Final: honey with ladanum (perhaps?) and amber. It's a honey with a soft, spicy warm undertone.

In the Imp: Floral patchouli. Makes me flash back 40 (plus) years to my teens.

Wet: The fruity notes come to the forefront to round it out and give it less of a head shop scent (though I actually LOVE head shop scents and not so much fruity ones). It's quite beautiful and almost, oddly, outdoorsy, like being in a lush dark wooded area (probably with my fellow head shop fans). But it's not "fruity" per se.

Dry: On drydown this goes back to head shop ... it almost completely disappears on my wrist but lasts longer in the crook of my arm. It's really huffworthy for the first hour or so.

Result: I love love love the scent but after the early drydown it doesn't love me quite as much ... blaming my body chemistry for that ... I would love is as a candle or incense.