BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
spookyumbrella

The Squishy Cushions

The glory of Venus as the apex of luxury and sensuality: velvet red rose petal attar, sweet red oudh, Mysore sandalwood, red benzoin, elemi, silken musk, and jasmine sambac.

For me this was all jasmine and Ivory soap. I didn't get any of the notes listed but jasmine.

If you like jasmine or Ivory, you'll love this.

In the bottle and wet I get a very intense, damp oudh. This with the heady jasmine reminded me strongly of The Head initially. As it dries the oudh softens, giving a less intense but deep woody base. The rest of the notes are like rich velvet over the top, though difficult to pick out. I had a bottle of Versailles a long time ago and for some reason this seems to be its dark counterpart to my memory of it, decadent and rich but not bold and bright in the way Versailles was. The jasmine is softer and less heady and mingles darkly with the rose, while the benzoin and musk blur all the edges.

Not gonna lie, I wanted to try this mainly because of the name, because neither oudh nor jasmine typically work for me.

Wet: OMG so much jasmine and oudh, aka cat pee and feces. This was a stupid stupid idea for my skin chem. I have much regret. I smell like a perfumey outhouse.

Dry: The oudh settles and fades out, but the jasmine is still somewhat "pissy". That's just how it rolls on my skin....Anyway, the perfumey part of this scent that I can smell past the outhouse is lovely, so if you don't have my skin chem issues, give this a go!

Jasmine, red roses, sandalwood and a touch of elemi. This is dark, mysterious red roses. Medium throw and wear length.

Sign in to follow this