BPAL Madness!
InaraRedCloak

L'Essence de L'Ardeur Hair Gloss

The Radiant Glory of Love: Devotion, Understanding, and Unity

Centifolia rose absolute, tea rose, bourbon vanilla, bittersweet chocolate, champaca resinoid, myrrh, nutmeg, pomegranate, and benzoin.

Date: April 2018
In the vial: I'm getting the champaca almost immediately. There's a resin-like scent, the benzoin probably, and a full, not acrid rose under it all, with a touch of myrrh. A very 'skin' scent here.

During application: On my hands, I get nothing but a gentle chocolate. As I apply the champaca comes out and gives me that creamy resin scent I always get with it. After applying, I can smell a slight sweetness to the air, maybe from the pomegranate or rose.

Dry 30+ mins: I'm walking in a cloud of champaca, I get hints of chocolate and a deep, dark, mature rose (like Black Rose or Peacock Queen dark) Just walking around, this is a skin, softer, gentler La Roue de Malheur. I'm not getting any spice, or vanilla, and I'm not picking up any sweet/fruitiness. Very nice.

Worn 3+ hours: It is a champaca incense, with a chocolate heart and deep rose underscore. This is lovely! Still no heavy spice. Very nice.

Update: as my decant has aged, the rose and pomegranate has sweetened the blend. It's sweeter than the first application. I will be saving up for a bottle of this one.

Chocolate, rose, myrrh and pom. This is a very complex blend. It's like you took everything that was a traditional sort of Valentine's Day and mixed it all together. In Greece, which accounts for both the myrrh and the pomegranate. Actually, now that I think about this- the HG is the allegory of Hades's idea of Valentine's Day. Sort of dark, sexy, and lascivious.