BPAL Madness!

Black oudh and carnation.

I love the Lab's simpler blends. Give me a scent with just two notes that I happen to love.

This is no exception. Of the Lupers I've tried this one is my favorite.

The Black Oudh in this reminds me of a lighter version of the Motor Oil note in Streets of Detroit.

Combine that with a spicy carnation that's present but not overpowering and you have an awesome combo that smells like a gritty, dark, spicy carnation. :biggrin:

This is mostly dark, dark oudh on me. Chew with your teeth and fangs smoky oudh. Perhaps a bit of the carnation petal in the background, but it's also a deep russet red, and not particularly flashy. The wood is the star here.

Oof. This is straight dark, filthy, animalistic oudh on me. Rub-your-face-in-the-dirt oudh. After about an hour or so it smooths out and calms down a bit, but I was hoping for more carnation; this is still too much for me.

Dark, smoky oudh that smells like it has jasmine in it, and doing unpleasant things to my skin at the moment. I occasionally get whiffs of carnation but then something smoky and oily underneath. Great throw, of course. Yeah, this isn't working for me at all.

Big dark indolic oudh versus carnation. Carnation loses, big time. I'm going to age my decant a bit to see if the carnation bucks up at all, but I'm not hopeful.