BPAL Madness!
suki

Snake's Kiss

Snake Oil with sugar, honeycomb, and thick vanilla cream.

I, like a lot of people, thought they knew what this would vaguely smell like. Like Snake Oil, O, and extra vanilla! Or, like Womb Furie with vanilla! This does not smell like either of those things at ALL. This scent is very unique, and very beautiful.

The Snake Oil itself in this is very light, so if you are a person who doesn't generally like Snake Oil, this blend might work for you. All the Snake Oil really does in this is provide a sort of resinous-spicy-vanilla base. The sugar in this is where this takes a wild turn. The sugar in this blend isn't a cloying white sugar, or a molassesy brown sugar, but a surprisingly lemony sugar. It's sweet sugar but with a light citrus hint to it. It makes the throw smell an awful lot like the drink half-and-half. Half lemonade, half iced tea. The 'iced tea' smell I think is in part because of the honeycomb. The honey to this is very fresh, leafy, and a touch floral. It's a nice shiny honey but there's a very fresh smell to it, like tea leaves, and also something akin to lavender. Just a touch of a floral-herbal sweetness. As this blend dries the citrusy-half-and-half notes do take a step back and allows a mix of just a touch more of that Snake Oil and big sweet dollops of vanilla cream to emerge. A very different vanilla than the one in your basic Snake Oil, this is more of a cream scent with just a bit of a very light vanilla. That lemony note does stay throughout the dry down but this really does become less 'lemony iced tea', as more vanilla cream emerges and also more of that herbal-floral-maybe-lavender. Good throw and long wear length.

Oh goodness! This scent is just so lovely. When it's wet it's really fresh, sweet sugared lemon. It reminds me a bit of sticky bat but not as astringent or tangy if that makes any sense. As it dries down the snake oil steps forward but it's still a very light. Snake oil by itself can be heavy and turn into incense on my skin (which isn't bad necessarily, just not my vibe) but the lightness of all the other ingredients makes it super wearable. I am ridiculously happy with this purchase! It's like a cutie pie snake enjoying some sunshine. ❤️

Oh no! I was hoping between Cotton Phoenix and Womb Furie my amped up Snake Oil needs were covered. Some how I still need it. It has the extra thick honey sweetness of Womb Furie with the creamy poof of Cotton Phoenix, and a little extra brightness. Gorgeous.

This is super refreshing.

I'm reminded of Green Tree Viper, but with cream and faint waxy honey. It does smell like citrus, but not in a loud, bright, sour lemon way. It's more like the lab's green tea note.

My only problem with this scent is that it gets faint after wear on me. It is cool, summery, and totally work appropriate. The cream does not curdle on me like I'd feared.

I had to breathe deep to catch the snake oil under the thick layer of honey and cream. Surprisingly light, for what I thought would be an overpoweringly rich scent. This one definitely deserves a full day test.

In the bottle: All vanilla, all the time. Sugary vanilla cream and maybe some honeycomb. If there's Snake Oil in here, it's very well hidden.

Wet: The honeycomb blooms and soaks up some of the vanilla and I can finally smell some of the Snake Oil spices. Not a lot, just enough to let you know they're there and keep the perfume from becoming overwhelmingly sugary-sweet. It still leans very gourmand though, like a perfect buttercream frosting. I don't particularly get the lemon others seem to be getting, but there is a crispness.

Dry: Sugary vanilla musk with a dash of Snake Oil's spices. I think the honeycomb is the musky note here, it's not really present otherwise. Fades pretty quickly.

For fun, I put this on my wrists and Dragon-Smooched Snake Oil on the backs of my hands to compare the Snake Oil content in each. I'm still new to BPAL and haven't tried many Snake Oil variants so I wondered whether there was enough of a difference to justify keeping both. And yes, there's a hell of a difference! DSSO is much more intensely Snake Oil, very spice-heavy and sultry. Snake's Kiss is far lighter and friendly, I actually almost like it better because it's less likely to stir up a migraine.

This is warm, sexy sweet Snake Oil goodness. I'm getting the honeycomb, and just a touch of spicy Snake Oil. This is going to age magnificently, a new favourite :wub3:

This is a much more wearable snake oil variant, probably my favorite one to date. It is very sweet and creamy, and doesn't have the powdery bitter note I get from an (unaged) snake oil. Glad I picked up a full size bottle.