BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Similarities Between BPAL Scents - GC and general discussion

From the Twilight review:

This was one my sister got & she loves it. It's very pretty & most definitely a floral. I tried it on my wrist the other day & it was delicate-girly. I'd put it in the same category as Old New Orleans but it's not quite as sultry as that one, if you like Old New Orleans, then you'll like this as it'a a slighly lighter & more fragile version of that kind of floral blend. It made me think of a yellow-orange & pink sunset.

I'm trying to keep other comments out of the review threads, so I moved this down here. I think it's interesting you made this comparison, Goth - when I placed this order, I put in the comments box that I was having a hard time deciding between Twilight and Old New Orleans, and asked them to pick for me. (They sent me both, of course. Crazy lovely people. Same thing happened with Seance and The Hermit, incidentally.)

It'll be interesting to see what sort of evening it turns into on my skin.

*oops* Me & my babbling! Sorry 'bout that.

But I really do think Old N.O is the big brasher sister if Twilight so both are lovely, but really would have to be in the right mood for it :P

Hope you like them. Look forward to your take on it :D

I'm wearing Twilight today (or will be when I head to work). Tried ONO yesterday and while it was nice, with a decent helping of spice at first, it was a bit too honeysuckle-sweet for most of its wearing. Hoping for slightly more subdued things from Twilight. :D

And no worries about the babbling - it gives me things to put in order, which always pleases my Virgo soul. :P

How does Jack compare to Gingerbread Poppet or Tamora....I know Tamora is quite different, but what about Gingerbread Poppet?

Rather unwisely, I've been browsing my sample list *again* whilst waiting for a reply from Elizabeth et al.

Can any of you please help me decide whether to include LMB or Lillith in my next order?

I *love* Blood Rose and Spellbound is great, but not quite as nice.

For the record I'm a big fan of Lillith from Cheers/Frasier! :P :D

Thanks in advance.

I haven't worn either of them, but it probably depends on whether you want a sweet scent or an assertive sexy scent. Lilith sounds decidedly seductive and Lady Macbeth has often been compared to cherry cough syrup (but usually in a nice way).

LMB is probably more similar to Blood Rose than Lilith is.

I like Lillith and I like Lady MacBeth, but they are quite different. Lady MacBeth is sweet, tangy and fruity.....winey..lovely and a tad bold (I like it alot, but some might say it's too sweet). However, Lillith has the wine in it but is darkened with the myrrh, back musk and attar of rose. I like Lillith, but since I can detect the rose in it, mostly on the drydown, I've decided not to purchase it. I hope that helps.

Got Sacred Whore in a swap and I love it, love it, love it. It's so warm and sweet. What other scents are similar to this one? I'd love to get more in this same scent family.

I don't know about similar per say, but I'm also a big fan of this one and tend to stick towards this perfume family. I think Old Morocco has a similar feel. They don't smell alike, but they have that same sweet-spicy, exotic appeal.

I really love these oils, but some of them are a bit too sweet for my taste. I am loving Sin and would love to find other oils similar. I am big on Orientals. I don't care for anything too girlie. I want a sexy, vampy, scent. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

to me some BPAL scents are more or less similar and I would like to know which ones you have found similar. This can help to find a scent you like even more with the same notes.

Oke, i stop babbling, here are some examples:

Snake Oil- Golden priapus

Katharina-March Hare-depraved -Tamora

Come To Me-High John the Conquror

Burial-Omen-Old Rome

Vixen-ravenous-lust

to some extend:

Blue moon and cathode (or is it because i store then togeter in the same drawer?

Edited by quinkel

:P

This is a great idea, quinkel!

It's good to know which scents are very similar, as when I place an order I don't want any that smell too much alike.

My list is short...

Queen of Hearts and Endymion smell very similar to my nose. I love them both!

vice and bliss! they smelled exakkerly alike to me... although some people smell other notes in vice besides chocolate, i don't. it's still nice though, of course.

hmm, Omen, Umbra, Loviatar, Black rose would all be luscious. Look those up I think you'll like em.

I love Sin...but I also love Chimera and Jezebel. Then there is the ubiquitous Snake Oil and O...

Maybe my nose isn't very discerning but I've found Veil (my favorite) to be quite similar to Twilight (my second favorite) ... or perhaps that's because both bottles leaked a bit onto each other.

Libra and Endymoin

Golden Priapus, Snake Oil and O (somewhat)

Old Shanghai and Phantasm, as well as Yuki Onna

Katharina and Tamora

Dana Oshee and Alice

Mars and Wrath

Bordello and MidWinter's Eve - somewhat

Lady MacBeth and Old Madrid

Old Port Au Prince and Chimera - somewhat

Vice and Bliss

Gluttony and Hellcat - somewhat

Succubus and Loralei

Loviatar and Sin

Juliet and Endymoin/Libra

Venus and Water of Notre Dame

Loviatar, Faustus, Black Phoenix, Titus Andronicus, Vixen, Ann Bonny, Chimera, Old Port Au Prince, Old Athens, Haunted, Umbra, Typhon, Anathema, Satyr, and Saturn

(Sin is one of my fav's also, as well as Faustus!)