BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Snow-Covered Plains Atmosphere Spray

Rolling mounds of snow blanketing dwarf birch, willow shrub, black crowberry, and moss campion.

This is a predominantly soft, slightly spearmint-y snow blend. A bit like the top note of Snow Bunny. There's a touch of slightly dry greenery - and maybe moss? It's definitely on the more environmental of snow notes. While pleasant, it has pretty low staying power - although this may just be my nose getting used to it really quick, and it being remarkably smoothly composed so that I'm not getting struck by any powerful recurrent scent theme.

I like this a lot. It's not super 'minty' but has that sweet, slushy snow note with a kiss of powder, and then the outdoors.

I am a huge fan of the Lab's snow note + anything atmos, so I tend to blind buy at least one of those per release. With the birch and willow, I was expecting something on the sharp herbal end of the scale, but The Snow-Covered Plains is lighter and sweeter than I anticipated.

Wet, I get an initial combo of spicy snow and a cool wintergreen on the spearmint-y end of the scale (not camphorous). The middle is filled out by a surprisingly round, juicy note, and the finish is wrapped in dry greenery. Specifically, I get dried ivy leaves and bits of a mossy fougere from the green component.

It's not *floral* per se, but you are definitely viewing those snow-covered plains from inside a high-end florist's shop. Because it's winter, it's filled with a wintertime selection of curly willow branches and ivy wreaths. Because the snow note always reads to me as "spicy," it's like the ghosts of cinnamon brooms are still lurking in the storeroom, even though there's none in the actual shop.

I feel like this analogy ran away from me, so I'll end by saying that if you normally shy away from cold atmospheric scents, this is a warm and comfortable *painting* of snow-covered plains, and not actual freezing-your-eyelashes-off trudging-through-snow covered plains.

Gentle coolness, slushy snow, spicy greenery.

You get snow when you first spray it, but as it dries its more of a moss/greenery blend, with just a whiff of snow. It's definitely very Yule-appropriate. It smells like the moss you see after a snowy wintery morning. Cool, green, watery. Medium throw and wear length.

There are only so little reviews here?

I bought myself snow covered plains blind this year. Must say, I'm no mint fan here, the snow notes usually put me off, but the combo with woods intrigued me!

The snow note is not strong luckily, it's a really soft nice snow note with more wood and moss notes! I like to spray it on our bedsheets, it smells really lovely and calming! And it holds up for days!!

I wouldn't wear it as perfume though, too cold, but perfect as linen spray!