BPAL Madness!

Dust, rags, leather, and shining steel.

Brown leather, steel and a touch of dust. Honestly, this makes me think of a cross between Quincy Morris and the Torture Queen. If you've ever been craving a replacement for Quincy Morris, I'd give this puppy a whirl. Good throw and wear length.

ZZ's review is correct. This is like Torture queen and Quincy Morris had a love child and this is the result. Very cologney with leather. Pass.

Leather, the note that smells like motor oil to me (from Amaxaphobia and Steal Phoenix), and a metallic cologne vibe. This strikes me as very maculine. Torture Queen smells higher pitched to me, shiny. This smells like old, tarnished metal. The Old Goblin keeps popping into my head even though the notes are different. I think it's the mix of warm notes with the chilly cologne. I am not a fan of either, but if you like metallic/cologne blends, this has it in spades. I could see it being a marvelous role playing blend for a pirate or steam punk character.

Edited by VetchVesper

I also get motor oil, leather, and metal. very dirty and grimey ... and yet there's something about it I like on my skin

*edit. hours later it's a LOT softer. I can only smell it when I put nose to wrist. but the scent itself is softer (less harsh), more perfume than grime.

Edited by Roogna

Granted, I applied The Old Robber Woman straight out of the shower onto my middle-aged skin, but it didn't last very long on me. It was interesting while it did: dusty leather and ball bearings? The metallic note often reminds me not of motor oil but of the oil my father and grandfather used when cleaning their shotguns. So that, and leather, and I should give it another try on unwashed skin or over an unscented lotion to see if I can improve the wear length on me.