BPAL Madness!
forspecial_plate

Mischief Hair Gloss

Blood-spattered cotton candy.

I know some people are curious about this, so I'll give it a shot. I got it yesterday and wore it all day, applied twice, and wearing it today also.

The cotton candy comes in at the very beginning, but after a short while I found that the blood note took center stage. I am having trouble thinking of how to describe it. It's complex and incensey with hints of fruit or berry maybe? I do think there's some dragon's blood in there, but I did compare it to Dragon's Blood (gc) and Blood (gc) and it's definitely not floral like DB, and it's not clovey like Blood either.

I would describe the blood as rich, kind of juicy, a little sweet and fruity, and I think there might possibly be some red musk in there (I could be wrong about that). I can't wait to read some other reviews and opinions. I really like it! I could wear this with all kinds of different things, Mme Moriarty and Midnight on the Midway come to mind.

Edit: As the day goes by, I keep thinking, maybe I AM smelling the cotton candy note, more than I thought. Because this seems familiar but for some reason hard to describe. If so, it would be a more incensey cotton candy and not a straightforward sugary note. It is fab.....

Edited by Forspecial Plate

This blend is amazing! It starts with a blast of sugary sweet cotton candy, with juicy but somewhat vague red fruits playing in the background. It dries down to a somewhat fruity cousin of Pink Wig Spray, with a grounding base of the sweetest Dragon's Blood ever. If you are a fan of blends such as Dragon's Milk, Velvet Unicorn, and Pink Wig Spray, you will probably adore this hair gloss....

I get dragon's blood, red musk, and a touch of cotton candy. It's mainly a sweet red musk hair gloss on me. Good throw and wear length.

I don't get any identifiable cotton candy, alas. This is dragon's blood leaning toward musky carnation. It lasts well into second-day hair.

Anyone hoping this would smell like cotton candy or like Midway will be disappointed (as I am). I get cinnamon-spiced dragon's blood and a dry incense undertone. Nothing candy-like or reminiscent of cotton candy. The dragon's blood smells a bit floral and a bit like red wine. I don't like the sharp cinnamon at all.

Just sprayed/wet: I got strong allspice, and dragon's blood (I don't like this).

Drying: Spicy dragon's blood with a hint of cotton candy (cheering for cotton candy, hoping it gets stronger).

Dried: Dragon's blood and a hint of cotton candy (glad the allspice is gone, this is ok, still want a bit more cotton candy).

Edited by kscha2017

Hoping for more cotton candy, less dragon's blood!

The second I spray it, I think "holy shit that's good!". This is totally one of those "more than the sum of its parts" scents. I smell something rich and resinous, a little spicy, sugared (but in a sort of a caramelized way?) and seriously yummy. There's almost a pastry note to it. YUUUUM! I had to check and make sure I didn't spray the other foodie one instead! I love this. It smells like autumn in the warm-spicy-baked-goods kind of way, and makes me want a cookie something fierce. Not at all what I was expecting.

I got a 5ml of every single CD HG, and promised myself I could buy a full bottle once I used up the 5ml (I have never managed to use up a 5ml of HG in my life). Currently I think I will predict that this one goes first! It totally smells like something I can wear to work, and people may suspect someone is eating baked goods and not sharing, but they won't suspect someone is breaking the scent-sensitive policy... :cool:

Sorry to say, glad I started with a decant with this one. Sadly, I've had the same reaction as several other reviews - not really any cotton candy - more like a strange mesh of dragon's blood, carnation, with some sweetness, but on me it's still dry and kind of sharp. Not what I was hoping for but not horrible. I was really hoping more for something like Pink Wig Spray.

I have to admit, I wasn't particularly excited about this one - the notes aren't bad for me but they're not my faves. Then I happened to buy a decant secondhand on a whim and oh boy! I'm glad I did! This is really nice. It's sweet and heady, starts out all fruity candy deepened by the tang of blood. As it settles, a spicy note emerges - carnation? It's really lovely.

This reminds me very slightly of Blood Popsicle, which is an exciting realization cuz I love that blend and I've never had a hair gloss that really goes with it. I tried them together and Mischief is MUCH sweeter, but I feel like it really compliments the more cologne-like feeling of Blood Popsicle. I'm unexpectedly in love with this combo!

Edited by threeofcups

ALL the red musk. I had to tone it down with some Snake Oil gloss, because red musk is a headache note for me. I hope it settles, because I was really keen for a more sweet/dragon's blood kind of feel.

Edited by Celrynnya