BPAL Madness!

A desert wind alight with myrrh and golden amber, cardamom and honey, bourbon vanilla and cacao.

I recently acquired this bottle in a swap, and I can say I am pleased. I was a little unsure since most scents with any type of chocolate and I don't seem to get along. When I sniffed the bottle upon arrival, of course that was the first note that hit my nose and I was immediately going "Uh oh". But, I let this girl rest for a number of days before deciding it was time to try her out. I appreciate the sweetness of this scent though it isn't my typical gourmand sweet. This is a dark and sensual, last nibble before bed, sweet... Bast might be a bit dangerous in a wonderful way. I'm going to set this bottle aside for a while to see if perhaps with time she might gather a little more bite to her, but overall I am happy to have at least tried her.

Amber doesn't always agree with me, but this is all warm spicy woodiness while wet. Definitely smells like an exotic desert.

Unfortunately an hour later it's turned all sharp and sour on me. :/ I wish the wet stage just lasted because I loved that!

I don't get much chocolate or vanilla but I'm loving the myrrh/amber/cardamom/honey combo. This will age gloriously I bet.

As it dries the cocoa peeks out a bit and it stays close to the skin which surprises me, considering these notes all amp on me. I'm definitely keeping my partial and will try it again to see if I can get more cocoa and vanilla.

In the decant: This smells so wonderful. I'm getting the cardamom and cocoa over the myrrh and amber. It's very cozy, and it is in the same family as Morocco, Bastet, and OLLA Eve.

Wet: On my skin, the honey is the most prominent note, followed by the cardamom, amber, and myrrh. After a few minutes, the bourbon vanilla note emerges. The cacao seems to be adding more warmth to the scent as opposed to making it chocolate-y, which is fine by me! I have too many chocolate scents as it is, but I don't have enough sweet resins in my collection.

Dry: Warm and cuddly. This is cardamom-dominant on me, backed by the sweetened resin notes (with the amber being stronger than the myrrh on me during this phase).

Verdict: This is like Morocco and Bastet, but with more oomph. I am loving the combination of the cardamom, resins, and the sweet notes. I need more of this in my life. :wub2: Thank you so much for the tester, Lucchesa! :D

Edited by dementia_divine

How did I never review Bast? It is rarely out of my ever-shifting top ten. Amber, honey, cardamom, myrrh: Bast is golden, like the last rays of the setting sun. The cacao is dry, adding depth and richness, and the bourbon vanilla is snuggly, but this is not a chocolate or a foodie blend. It's an aureole of sensual warmth and radiant light.

Bast is the rare blend I can wear all year round for any occasion. I can wear it in Sacramento in the summer when it's 103 degrees; I can wear it to heat up a dreary Seattle February. I wear it when I want to feel ridiculously sexy; I wear it to feel effective and confident at work. Bastet is grown-up, powerful, secure in her own skin. She's, well, a lion goddess. Wear it and channel her.

Wet and dry, on my skin cardamom is the strongest note, with amber and cacao adding warmth. It smells golden and confident. Unfortunately, the throw is weak, and the scent doesn't last long on me. I've tested it twice now and both times after hours I can barely get a hint of it left.