BPAL Madness!

Beeswax, tobacco leaf, a whiff of smoke, and purple rose petals.

Wax is such a tricky note on me.. I have had blends where I love it, but many others which it ruined. Need to double check whether those previous loves specified beeswax - honey reliably hates me, so I think that might be where the problem is.

In bottle: Faintly sweet. Honey / beeswax. Already a bit worried.
Wet on me: Huh, that is not what I expected.. Very earthy, almost getting a dirt note (as others have said). Maybe the tobacco leaf? It's not bad, but a weird combination with the sweet wax, to my nose. A bit sour at my skin. Smoke comes out as it dries & kind of ties things together a bit. Not much rose on me.
Dry: On one occasion turned into pretty much straight-up maple syrup - very sweet but still a little earthy. The wax & rose & tobacco in cahoots I think. Beginning to suspect I might like these notes, but not together. On a second try, the sourness was much more prominent in the middle stage, settling down after an hour or so to pleasantly spicy (instead of dirty) tobacco with a touch of rose.

Low in throw & wear length. Did not play well on my skin. Not a keeper for me ultimately, but a good lesson about beeswax.

ETA description.

Edited by spikyfairy