BPAL Madness!

Then said Jafnhárr: It was many ages before the earth was shaped that the Mist-World was made; and midmost within it lies the well that is called Hvergelmir, from which spring the rivers called Svöl, Gunnthrá, Fjörm, Fimbulthul, Slídr and Hríd, Sylgr and Ylgr, Víd, Leiptr; Gjöll is hard by Hel-gates.

The first vision, obfuscated by fog sprung from Hvergelmir: a world within dream, formed of nebulous possibility. Thin strands of white resin-smoke, star jasmine, and white violet.

This is a very pleasant, light incensey scent that reads primarily as a soft violet. It's not as lush as in Sybaris, per se, and definitely not as 'chewy' as Fleurette's Purple Snails, which was a robust, unfurling PURPLE violet.

On the skin it's sweet, gentle violets, mixed with maybe a wisp of light sandalwood. The star jasmine I guess reads as a hint of misty floral, but this is not a jasmine-forward blend at all. It's mostly a slightly dewy absolutely beautiful violet, and I must get tons of it. Light overall throw, but it's delicious.

I just got this out of the mail so the bottle is freezing but I had to try it instantly. I have had mixed results from violets so this wasn't the wisest decision, but as I'm a heathen i had to nab at least a couple from this collection. I was hoping this would be more like Morgause than other, candy-smelling violet scents and at least right now, I was right! But where Morgause is deep and sorceress-y on me, this one is pale (still sorceress-y though). There's something slightly unsettled about the way the resins and violet mix, but that, I'll assume optimistically, is due to it being fresh out of the mailbox. I think this is one of the only times violet has ever smelled like a flower on me and not like violet-scented candy.

I'll edit this with a more thorough review later, but i had to get that out there for other violet-worriers.

Wispy jasmine and violet. And something else. So torn. I love me some violet, but hate the jasmine although its softer and less cat-pee like than other jasmines. Will have to retest again. Low throw and wear length.