BPAL Madness!

Mod Note: 'Single Note: Graveyard Dirt Redux' was released in 2014 and 2015. Forum practice is to create a new topic when the scent name is changed, so we've created a new topic for 'Single Note: Graveyard Dirt'. If you're looking to review 'Graveyard Dirt Redux' from 2014 and 2015, the topic is here. If you're looking to review 'Graveyard Dirt' released in 2005 and 2008, the topic is here. Semantics, yo.

[No additional description given.]

In the bottle: that's Lab dirt, alright. Like Zombi without the flowers.

Applied: Again, a lot like Zombi, minus the flowers.

Worn: Not as strong as I hoped once it's dry. Something floral seems to come out of this after a while, and I'm not sure how to describe it other than "graveyard dirt". It smells like the ground around graves once the yew berries have started dropping.

This only lasted about half an hour on me, there's the faintest hint of scent where I applied it, but that's all :( Hopefully, aging will give it a bit more staying power.

No one has discussed this single note this year, which makes me sad, because I consider it the darkhorse of my Weenies this year. I got it because I tend to enjoy scents that contain graveyard dirt; I didn't expect what the single was going to actually be like.

In the bottle: Dirt. Straight, fresh, deep earth, like you've been gardening in fertile soil. Has a bit of.. acid, I suppose? That kind of sharp smell.

On the skin, wet: Still dirt! You can detect something a bit herbal...

Dry: This morphs on me into something beautiful. The acidic quality of the the dirt goes away and the entire thing becomes sweet and rich. I have incense that smells like this. Everyone who smells it on me says it's incense. Earth kissed by lingering incense and a few flower petals left behind. It smells like grave in the hours after a funerary service.

I love this one so much.

Edited by artoria

2017 version (can you believe I have never tried this before??)

The Lab's unmistakeable dirt note, but with lots of other nuances. It's darker than Zombi, somehow. Like richer, loamier earth or something. But there's still that feeling of dampness that I get from Zombi as well, as opposed to most of the other dirt or earth scents, that feel drier to me. This is rich, damp, dark earth. There's a fungal element to it as well. Some decay. And something that reminds me of roots. I like it. There's also something in there that reminds me of something...maybe clay? It's really interesting how nuanced something that is essentially supposed to just smell like dirt can be.

2017 Decant:

SHEW so I just tested the Graveyard dirt redux from 2014. This one is SO MUCH MUSHROOM wet on skin right away. Like the redux it changes on drydown.

Dry: This stays damper longer than the redux does now. And the drydown is different. The redux test went warm and ambery (pleasant almost). This is staying RAW DIRT. This feels like gardening, with earth worms and pillbugs and the whole speal.

I'm assuming it just means that aged graveyard dirt gets warm and loses it's spunk. But MAN this is dirt. good for a sniff. But I have no idea what I'd do with this otherwise :lol: . Trade time I guess so someone else can enjoy.

Overall : mmmm loam.

Edited by Aveya