BPAL Madness!
Diva Urd

Painted and Padded Beauties Bath Oil

The establishment at No. 97 Mercer street is a parlor house of the third class. Nothing is here to be found but painted and padded beauties.

A voluptuous torrent of peony blossoms and robust sweet orris with white sandalwood, vanilla orchid, ambrette seed, warm musk, white patchouli, and white carnation.

I bought a bottle of this off the etsy shop since my skin has been dry recently and I wanted to see if BPTP fantastic body products would be a win on this front as well. The notes sounded up my alley, so I took a chance!

In the bottle, it kind of smells like... paint? I mean, I get a little bit of the florals, but there's a strange undertone that smells like wallpaint. Perhaps the base notes in concentration gave me that impression.

Still, I poured two capfuls of it into a tub full of hot water, and planted myself in it for about an hour.

Once in the water, the scent literally blooms. I would say the strongest notes were the peony, orris, and carnation; I did not get vanilla or patchouli, and the musk and sandalwood only a tiny bit - they're an underpinning, rather than active components of the scent.

After getting out and drying off, the scent left on me is one of peony with a hint of musk and ambrette. Now, I think I get winking hints of the white patch. It lasts for multiple hours after the bath, and I find it quite enjoyable, though I'd say that it smells just a tiny bit soapy. Still, I like it, and it did a great job in moisturizing me from head to toe!

From Etsy. This is lovely sweet, slight bubblegummy florals with a bit of spice from the carnation. The warm musk is so gorgeous and sensual. I can't pick out the patchouli or sandalwood but there is a nice warm base to the scent. This should have gotten more love. I'm so glad I have some.

I mainly get warm musk, sandalwood, with touches of peony and vanilla orchid. This one is a sexy musky bath oil.

I realized that I never put this in the tub to soak, so I’ve started using a few drops as body moisturizer in the shower. It’s mainly musks with some very faint floral undertones.

Morocco is my go-to daily wear perfume, and the combination of the two is heady - all the swirling warm musks is delicious.

Padded and Painted Beauties is lovely peony, orris, carnation, and vanilla orchid under a thrum of musk. Agree that this is Morocco-adjacent! I’m traveling for work right now and poured an ungodly/godly amount in the hotel bathroom tonight for a good hot soak. It was more beautiful than I was bargaining for and I ended up leaving the water in the tub for a while after I climbed out because it perfumed the whole space.

Before reading the notes I got a bit of spicy carnation but mostly a nectar-sweet and somewhat velvety scent that I would have guessed was apricot or peach, or perhaps peach blossom. I think this is a combination of the patch, ambrette and musk. As it lingers the peony really comes out over the top.