BPAL Madness!
aiobhan

My Little Grotesque

Lilith expressing herself at the V&A: cardamom-dusted cupcakes.

Wearing My Little Grotesque tonight because I wanted something dessert-y for my post-work BPAL scent. I love this one as much as Cake Smash, and wear it when I want a good dose of cardamom and yellow cake. This is the most cardamom-forward BPAL scent I've ever tried, and it makes me want to seek out even more scents with the note. I get vanilla frosting on the drydown...heavenly. :wub2:

In the bottle: Exactly what I wanted- all sugared cardamom, all the time.

Wet: Cardamom and sweetness, ahhh! If this stayed this way, this would be an all time Top 5 scent for me.

Dry down: The Lab cake note just does not work with my skin chemistry, to my eternal disappointment. Dusty, plasticky, old stale cake with a hint of its previous cardamom glory behind it dominates the drydown.

One hour later: The dusty plastic smell has gone, and so has the cardamom and I'm left with a pleasant, vague sweetness. Still, what I had hoped for was a super duper sugared cardamom scent, and this just didn't pan out.

In the bottle this was almost offensively strong cardamom and nothing else. Once on skin, though, it blooms into one of the sweetest, most comforting cardamom cake I've ever smelled. Truly a beautiful scent- one of the only non-lavender sleep scents I've encountered. Good sillage and longevity.