BPAL Madness!

Dark, rooty, sweet patchouli swirled with honey.

The talisman that Owl Moon is inspired by is bewitching. A crescent moon, filled with new promise and completion entwined with the majestic night owl. I'm not going to go into the breathtaking Bloodmilk presentation of these bottles, except to say they are impeccable, amazingly branded and absolute art pieces. The melding of the BPAL Three Swords with the Bloodmilk Planchette is brilliant and powerful. I am completely blown away by this collaboration.

Earthy and rich, just after applying I feel like a mystic goddess plodding through a soft, evergreen forest of moonlight and furry night creatures. Wet, I can detect the sticky honey mixing with the patch. Sending wafts of exotic, opulent musk around me, it clears the mind while allowing a transformation of pure lust and dark dances. This may be the sexiest Beth creation EVER! I want to POUNCE~

After wearing for 30 minutes, the honey note settles into the patchouli in a seductive way. Owl Moon is absolutely captivating! Exotic, richly spiced and precious, this is one of the most sensual fragrances I have ever encountered; intoxicating, deep and an instant classic.

Stay diligent my lovelies, and you can also catch this beautiful owl as a few are released into the wild with each Bloodmilk update.

How dark, rooty patchouli with honey translates to sex with a Vegas lounge singer from 1973 with CHEAP AXE COLOGNE on my skinI will never know. But it does. I am sad. This has got to go.

This is my new favorite scent! It smells exactly like described; a mix of patchouli and honey, with the patchouli being very faint. I can't wait to get my hands on a new one for back up....

Okay, this has the same rooty dark patchouli that Banshee Beat does, and the honey is in it and brings a nice sweetness. I know I've smelled this before and it's going to drive me nuts...

AHA! This reminds me to Badgers. I mainly got honeyed patchouli from Badgers and this smells almost exactly like Badgers to me.

So for those of you that have a hankering for Owl Moon and are finding it hard to locate, I'd try to snag some Badgers.

Jenjin explained this scent much better than I ever could. It's a wonderful, chewy patchouli, similar to Banshee Beat or Revanent Rhythm, but sweetened with honey instead of vanilla. I have to admit, I felt la little bit like a goth hippie while wearing this scent, but that's never a bad thing, right?

Wet: STRONG chewy, gnarly patchouli. Similar to the patch in Goblin, on me, but not exactly the same. Rooty is a good descriptor for it too. Very earthy, I can almost smell a soil note. The patchouli is very dominant over the honey, currently. I expected a lot of sweetness, to temper the patchouli, but I am not getting it. This almost smells mildewy on my skin. Sniffing it in the bottle, I get none of that - in the bottle it's chewy patch with an almost creamy honey note. Neither of these things should fail on my skin, but they are somehow. So sad!

Dry: Dirt. WTF? I think I am having an off day. Either my nose or my skin. I will revisit this. Because these notes should be nothing but win on me.

In The Bottle: This is the rich, dirty patchouli from #OccupyWallStreet and then some very fine, very clear honey laid overtop. It's surprisingly elegant, I must say, at least at this stage.

Wet On Skin: Yes, this is indeed a root-y, earthy patch, certainly similar to the kind I used to sport from a tiny bottle I carried around in high school. The honey softens the sharpness that straight patchouli essential oil sometimes has.

Dry Down: The honey really is nothing more than something slightly smooths and sweetens the patchouli.

In All: Surprisingly low throw, given the general behavior of these two notes. Sweet, rich and earthy, this is a pretty great scent as we glide effortlessly into autumn. Knowing how well all kinds of patchouli age, I'm really looking forward to seeing what this is like in a month- though make no mistake, it's just hauntingly beautiful right now too. :heart:

This does remind me of the occupywallstreet patchouli, which I wasn't really a fan of. It has a medicinal/mentholic edge and a dry, dusty, sour cedar sort of tone to it on my skin. The honey is sweet and slightly herbal, but mostly I'm getting dry, woody patchouli. It doesn't remind me of Banshee Beat/Revenant Rhythm, which was a darker, more lush patchouli with thick vanilla sweetness. Owl Moon is like occupywallstreet with honey instead of cocoa.

Very heavy patchouli, and lots of honey. The blend seems to be just perfect, and one doesn't really overpower the other. Honey tends to to kinda sharp on me, and I am very surprised that this doesn't happen. Thank you, skin chemistry! I did not expect this to work for me, and I love it. Perfect fall fragrance and great staying power.