BPAL Madness!

Notes provided by Geeks Doing Good: Well worn leather and a swirl of spices.

Old. First thoughts when sniffing are old. Old and musty masculine and wood. It's like there is a booze or medicinal note trying to come thru when you take a deep whiff. The more it starts to dry down the more of an old musty bourbon type note I get. And dust. Almost like discovering a hankerchief tucked away back in a chest or trunk. An old musty masculine cologne.

This isn't a strong as I expected. It really does smell like dust and a rum note. It's old, story-teller Kvothe sitting for a moment at an empty table more than young, daring Kvothe. Pretty but not incredibly striking.

Sniff: Spicy gingersnaps, undercurrent of leather

Wet: This moves into cologne territory, the spices mellow and overall the scent lightens. It gets a bit more woodsy.

Dry: Softens into a gentle, dusty tone. Hints of herbs, dry woods, much warmer than the wet phase. I really like this dry phase, it's definitely 'innkeeper' Kvothe, settled into a nice comforting dusk.

Reminds me of a young Mr Prenderghast, with the pickle-tinged musk and cigarette smoke, only add to it a mess of rich spices and a bump of something bright and bold. Sharp and masculine. Strong.

Kvothe smells so weird. Not a good weird either.

I get ginger bread and, not joking here, Sriracha.

So bad I had to go scrub it off. :cry2:

Allspice, herbs, dry woods, and bay rum. I don't really get leather from this. I do get a very clean version of a manly pirate cologne with a touch of bay rum. For those that are fans of Gingerbread Jolly Roger, this would be along those lines - less spicy, more amped up airy woods. Again, I'm curious to see if either of these work for mr. zee_zee.

Yep, I agree with zankoku_zen. Herb, some kind of spice, and a sort of salty/rummy scent. I would love this as a candle, actually, but it's a little too masculine for me.

Wet: Spices - but not the familiar cinnamon/nutmeg/clove type spices. These are exotic and hard to pin down. They're warm and comforting, and a little green. There's also a suedey sort of leather coming through. This is light and earthy. There's also something sweet behind it. I like it so far.

Dry: This is a great leather scent. Soft, worn leather, spices, and something I can't quite place. It would smell amazing on a man, but I don't feel it's too masculine for me to wear. Not sure if it's really "me" but I do like it a lot. So glad I got to try it!

It smells SO MUCH like The Traveller upon initial application - leather, and something spicy - but where the Traveler keeps the leather and gets kind of a... dusty road smell(?) almost, Kvothe starts to smell like a fresh/clean sort of cologne. The leather is still there, but it lightens.

In other words, it's goddamn amazing and I wish I could have afforded like 20 bottles.

Edited by stubbornfire