BPAL Madness!
Mergekat

The Magician

Wood and copper mimicking life, dressed in a gentleman’s cologne. An elegant automaton wonder built to fascinate.

Had dreams of whirligigs and automatons, so I went with The Magician. Similar vibes to Paladin, but a lighter and brighter metal is being conveyed. Yeah, there is no knight's steely armor here. Frankly, it is a nice step up as Paladin can get a little too heavy and sharp with its metals. Must be a touch of bergamot in there as it is quite lovely. It's very clean, crisp, and yet has that gleaming metal note that reminds me of new copper wiring and polished brass.

Side note: Checked out The Art of Crimson Peak book and saw some of the gears that made this magician come to life with its ball trick. Got to say, automatons really are something brilliant with all their intricacies.

tumblr_nvgvanP0R01ql1np4o1_500.jpg

I love this one so much!

Just the most gorgeous masculine cologne. It's cooling, crisp and a little spicy with a undertone of something metallic. It almost feels like it belongs with the Steamworks scents. I could see any woman and any man being able to pull this off. I am thinking about upgrading to a bottle.

What an awesome scent! It starts out with a sexy, masculine, "Streets of Detroit" cologne vibe, and then after drying, morphs into this clean, sexy, masculine after shave-type scent. I love it on me, but I'll bet it would be equally as lovely on a man :).

This one is what I'd consider a fairly accessible men's cologne. Slightly warm, but then there's a citrusy cologne underneath. Gleaming is a great word that comes to mind. Good throw, good wear length.

Gleaming, men's cologne/aftershave.

This is warm and woody and feels very classical. I am not getting much in the way of copper aspects, though.

Too masculine for me, but I can imagine it being quite popular with the guys!

Sniffing this on myself makes me want to be wrapped up with Tom Hiddleston dressed in Thomas Sharpe's clothing, as he shows me his little inventions. There's a bit of an innocence to it, an innocence that had to be lost right away, with the men's cologne in it. It's also kind of reminds me of fancy aftershave. I really like this!

Agreed with Haltija that this could easily belong to the Steamworks line. I get primarily copper while wet and in the early drydown, but an hour later it's turned into much more of the gentleman's cologne, thank god :) I like it! There's nothing quite like it in my collection, and I'm happy to own a bottle.

Mostly metallic with a hint of spice in the woods, and a touch of cologne. Very nice and wearable. Would love to smell this on my husband, but it's not a masculine-only scent by far. I'm glad I have the decant, but don't need to upgrade it to a bottle because the copper is a touch too sharp for my nose.

As soon as I smelled this one, I knew I had to try it on my husband, too. On me, it's a very clean, slightly soapy, traditional cologne scent with a metallic edge. On him, more of the wood comes out, making it much warmer and softer. I like it much better on him.

In bottle: Strangely sweet. I'd swear there were berries in this cologne. The sharpness of the copper and the grounding by the wood work beautifully here. Wet: It is more richly traditional men's cologne on the skin. The copper retains it's sharpness, but the wood comes into it's own, doing lovely things with the cologne. it's more androgynous than one would think. Dry: Woody cologne.

The Magician has kind of a generic men's cologne smell to it. It's pleasant and a good smell, but sort of nondescript and reminiscent of department store colognes for me. Sort of a warm wood and dry amber with slight spiciness, covered in a fresh, citrusy, bright, metallic, musky cologne thing.

Ooooohymygod this is beautiful. from the bottle it's a musky, soft cologne with some "soft" metallics in there.

Once applied to my skin, it does not morph too much; but something strangely sweet amps up just a bit (it works great trust me) and the metallics amp up too, to a cold coppery and rusty mix. It works so well on me. :lovestruck: And it could work great on everyone, it's fairly masculine but neutral.

I can definately imagine visiting Thomas' workshop, while outside the manor a winter storm is brewing.

Wet: Very masculine, and very very good. Built to fascinate, indeed! I like this a lot. It has the same hot metal note I get in Kataniya. The wood is interesting, and I can't place exactly what it is. The scent give the impression of being hot and cold at the same time.

Dry: Primarily that hot metal note, which I like, in theory, but I don't think it's wearable for me. I do really enjoy it though, and think it would be especially great on a man.

Steampunk. A cologne drifts out from a gear-and-steam machine with wood and the lab's red metallic-smelling copper note, and a pleasant sense of black engine oil. The cologne's sillage settles quickly and the engine oil mingles with it. The oil gives the cologne some appeal -- it smells like a dull department store cologne on its own.

Unfortunately the department store cologne smell is making this less than ideal, but I like the rest of it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.