BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
JackiePaper

Snake Pit recs

The Carnaval is back in town and hopefully, the Snake Pit is soon to come. I love Snake Oil and can't wait to try some of the snakes.

So which ones are your favorites? And which ones smell the most like SO?

I'm pretty sure I'll get Death Adder and Western Diamondback but I'm unsure about the other blends. I appreciate any input. :)

Well, out of the few I got to test, I LOVE Western Diamondback and Boomslang the best!! W.D.. to me, is a beautiful, soft suede scent with a hint of Snake Oil. Very unisex! Boomslang is more of a thick and yummy chocolate scent, and that too, I only get a hint of S.O.

I have never gotten any bold S.O. scents out of the snake pits....it's there, but not prominent. I would go to the review section here and read the reviews on the Snake Pits. Might be more helpful. :)

My favorites are Green Tree Viper (delicious, slightly musky mint), Banded Sea Snake (A really nice, mossy aquatic), and Boomslang (rich, dark, chocolatey).

And I really like Death Adder, Temple Viper, Western Diamondback, and Habu on my guy. They read as sexy-man to my nose (plus, WD doesn't work well on me because the leather takes over, but it doesn't do that on him).

On me (will not apply to everyone):

Banded Sea Snake: Nice, mossy and oceany vanilla scent. One of the few I can tolerate when I'm nauseated.

Temple Viper: Incense, specifically nag champa and snake oil. Not sure what else since I swapped it away.

King Snake: Frank and hyssop, kind of underwhelming to me.

Green Tree Snake: Cool and refreshing, but the mint means it doesn't last long on me and has a fairly low throw.

Boomslang: Rice milk, chocolate, and...dirty dipers? My skin chemistry hates it.

Diamondback: If I was more into soft leather this would be perfect. Just that and a little snake oil. Very dry.

Asp Viper: My favorite! But then I'm a fanatic for myrrh. Has an autumn feel somehow. The orange is pretty subtle and more of a sweetener than anything else.

Edited by patina

I LOVE Cottonmouth !

Its very floral and airy,

with just the right *OOOMPH* from the Snake oil.

Also - Boomslang !! <3

I normally don't do chocolate,

but this feels more like a warm cake- y blanket to snuggle up with :)

Really really hoping that the Snake Pit will be back soon *fringers crossed*

I need to stock up on cottonmouth and Boomslang :)

I love SawScaled Viper (Snake Oil with cinnamon, cassia, and red ginger)! It does start with a blast of spice but sweetens up quickly & the Snake Oil is present but not overwhelming. Many of the reviews describe it as quite dry & light on Snake Oil but it's perfect on me (possibly because I find SO too much of a good thing on its own).

I quite like Boomslang but am not much of a chocolate wearer. I remember liking Coral Snake, too, (Snake Oil with blood orange, red apple, lemon peel, plumeria, and gardenia) but gave away my decant.

Most of the resin- heavy Snake Pit blends seem too incensey to me or go powdery/cloying but that's because my skin chem doesn't play well with Snake Oil itself.

I'm hoping for some new Snake Pit offerings! Especially more things with fruit - I have a Snake Oil Chaos Theory with dark fruit including strawberries that is amazing & I like doing a layering combo of SO & Fae quite a bit (dabbing them on different wrists & smooshing together).

Edited by alterosen

I'm hoping for some new Snake Pit offerings!

Oh yeah, new Snakes would be great! Something with rose would be awesome. :wub3: *fingers crossed*.

My all time fave Snake is Australian Copperhead, it's fruity incensey goodness. I also second Cottonmouth, Banded Sea Snake, and Habu. You really can't go wrong with them.

Crossing fingers for new scents!

Boomslang is my favorite. I've found the Vetivier amps on me in Death Adder now. I've tested Green tea viper and found it pretty good, but I never purchased that one. I plan too when they go live.

I have not tried them all, but of the ones I have tried I loved Boomslang (just awesome, and the oil is so dark it doubles as a self tanner :laugh: ), and Temple Viper which is :wub3:

I love Asp Viper and Temple Viper. I am almost out of Asp Viper so I'm excited for it's re-release!

ALL of them! I'm just kidding. Cottonmouth is wonderful on me, but probably the least like SO, at least to my nose. Banded Sea Snake did not work on me at all.

I have and love:

Asp Viper

Coral Snake

Australian Copperhead

Cottonmouth (as mentioned above

I want to try the rest of the Pit - and am frantically hoarding PayPal so I can order the whole thing when it goes live.

I got them all the first time around, and did not regret it. Stella and I have the same favorites: Temple Viper and Boomslang. I also love Green Tea Viper.

I've tried all of the snakes. Western Diamond back is soft leather and SO. Asp viper is very spicy with strong SO. Faiza, Death adder and Temple viper are resinous and sweet. Green tree viper is vanilla and mint. Cottonmouth is the lightest of the snakes and floral, mostly linden and lilies. King cobra is mainly frankincense. Boomslang has a good amount of snake oil plus chocolate. Australian Copperhead is fruity. Banded Sea snake is salty and mossy, light on the SO. I can't remember what Habu smells like.

I really can't pick a favorite. It depends on my mood. They're all good. If I could only have one, probably Temple viper or Death adder.

Edited by sprout

Sign in to follow this