BPAL Madness!

Deception and despair: rose geranium and tea roses with mahogany wood, bourbon vanilla, and apple peel.

In the bottle
In the bottle I get apple at first, and then some rose upon exhaling. The rose, geranium, and apple all linger in the nostrils. Very pretty.

Wet on skin
Floral apple. But sweetly floral apple, not a cloying, perfume-y floral apple or a fake apple. A juicy apple. A little bit like you might think apple blossoms smell when you see a picture of one. The interplay between the apple and rose is very well-blended so that I can detect them both, but they're not fighting for attention.

Dry on skin after 30 minutes
While this remains a very rose/apple/geranium scent, the vanilla and a little bit of something woodsy help to temper things and make this more complex as this sits on my skin. It's not strictly fruity or floral.

Thoughts
This is one of my very favorite Yule 2017 blends, after Blackcurrant Sufganiyot, and I really hope to track down another bottle. There are other apple/rose scents but nothing quite like this. The Fox Sisters has really good throw without being super in-my-face, so a little goes a long way. This is a frequent flier in my collection.