BPAL Madness!
sagitare

Marie

A blend of sinuous violet and elegant tea rose: the chosen scent of France’s Demigoddess of Debauch: Marie Antoinette.

A lovely, soft rose--not as strong or as liquid/cold/ozone-y as in The Rose or Peacock Queen for me, but the violet turns slightly off, it's usual soft powder is there but stale(?). Does not work for me.

I quite like this. I get soft, slightly powdery violet in the imp, the same note that's in Sybaris. The rose blooms on my skin though and reminds me of London, but I like this more. London was a bit too strait forward ROSE for me. Marie blends the notes well and does seem elegant. Prim and perfumey in the best way possible. I would definitely recommend it for violet or rose lovers.

This is lovely violet on my skin, which lasts for hours. It was actually my first FB order from the Lab, in October, as I was looking for a violet fragrance.

I don’t get any rose out of this, which I was looking forward to, but it’s still quite beautiful. It's a single note violet on me.

A word of warning to those who dislike powder, violet is one of those florals which drys into powder; however, it’s quite luxurious and not a baby powder type.

In the imp: sweet, candylike violets.

Wet: Sweet violet and rose.

Dry: powdery sweet violet with a little pink rose. This is one of the better violets to me, but still is not for me.

I get a sweet powdery violet and a soapy tea rose

Rather pretty but a little too much like soap for me to want to wear as a perfume

My only other experience with violets is Solstice Scents Violet Mallow, which is very soft and comforting.

On the skin: the violet comes through very strongly with the tea rose lurking in the background.

Drydown: the violet continues to be the prominent note, but it is softened by the rose, which does come forward more. Definitely reminds me of the french bathroom powder my grandma used to have.

Dry: Reminds me too much of "old lady smell". The violet is dry, and the rose ends up overpowering. It does smell clean, though.

On the wand, sweet and heavy violet and rose. A little powdery, a little candy-like. It’s like an overwhelming powder room floral.

On my skin, it’s much, much lighter. Still sweet. Leans toward soap, but isn’t exactly that on me. On me it goes thin, and closer to violet dishwater?

Marie also just happens to be the sort of floral that makes me think I don’t like florals as a whole, which isn’t true. This one isn’t for me.

This one just isn't for me. I'm not really into traditional florals, but I want to try everything so here it is. It is a beautiful blend of violet and tea rose. It's very traditionally feminine. The violet and rose intertwine almost seamlessly and smells very elegant. I just happen to not prefer the over-the-top, old-fashioned florals, which I find this to be.

In the imp: A bouquet of violets with some tea roses mingling right beside them (although they are not nearly as strong).

Wet: The violet note reigns, but I am getting more of the tea rose on my skin than I did in the imp.

Dry: This ends up being a pretty even mix between violet and tea rose. Normally, violet isn't my jam, but the rose in here complements it really well, and it seems to be keeping it in check.

But after a while, the violet does manage to take over, and the tea rose remains in the background.

Verdict: I enjoyed this more than I thought I would, given that violet is a main player here, but the violet in this ends up being too strong on me in the end. I won't hold onto my imp, but I am glad I got to try it.