BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
MCS4096

I Wonder if I've Been Changed in the Night

Cement, sewer moss, black patchouli, myrrh, violet leaf, green tea leaf, and immortelle.

This sounds like it would be dank and musty, but it is definitely not! Upon application I get a lot of almost-grassy green tea and slightly floral violet leaf at the forefront, with a well blended base of powdery myrrh, subtle moss, and very understated patchouli. I'm not familiar enough with immortelle to distinguish it here, but there is a bit of almost flowery sweetness that I think must be it, as I can't really attribute it to another note. The "cement" is the Lab's cologney stone note; it starts faint but as this dries down it becomes more prominent.. about equal with the violet leaf and green tea. I'd call this one earthy-fresh. Bruised Violet Compound (Crushed violets, red currant, patchouli root, and Spanish moss) springs to mind as a very similar scent... that combination of earthy sweetness, a little bit of earthy cologne, and a base of earthy greenery.

this one surprised me.

I thought with the listing of sewer moss it would be wet and filthy and murky. with the resins and cement listed, I thought it would be deep and rich. I was expecting something dark and demented but what actually emerged when I put this on my skin was a thoroughly clean and respectable cologne. completely decent, upstanding.

I wanted a fairy tale sewer rat but instead this reminds me of what one would wear to the office in an old bbc show (comedy or drama, this would go either way and on male or female, but definitely in a fitted grey suit). very modest and restrained.

This one ended a little odd on me. It was dark patchouli, moss, and a touch of greenery.

Errgh, well I guess with cement and sewer in the description, it's probably not going to be a pleasant scent experience. :) This one is harsh and stinky. On the positive note, I don't smell poop.

Sign in to follow this