BPAL Madness!
Dedee

Almond Blossom

Something must be reassuring to the almond, in the evening star, and the snow-wind, and the long, long, nights: almond blossom, hoar-frost, and snow-wind.

In Bottle: Extremely Snow dominant with a kiss of almond blossom to sweeten it. This is way too much mint for me just in the bottle, so I won’t be skin testing. This snow note is very mint and ozone, and does give a snow-wind and frost impression

This has got to be one of the most simply pretty perfumes I've tried in ages. I get a softly floral, softly bitter almond scent with a cool, slushy backing. Sometimes I get a tiny whiff of the mint (I think it's wintergreen?) that's part of the snow note, which gives me a little shivery delight. I was hemming and hawing about picking this one up and in the end I just went for it. I couldn't be more pleased that I did! What a gorgeous perfume!

This is the lab's snow note along with a sweet almond like scent, which I guess is the almond blossom note. I love the smell of the almond blossom, it sweetens up the snow note in a really nice way. The only thing is that I wish it would stick around a bit longer than 10 minutes. The snow note remains, and it is sweeter than normal, but does not retain that lovely almond blossom. Still, I REALLY like this, it's kind of similar to "Go To Sleep Darlings", but a bit more snowier. Come to think of it, it is probably too similar to warrant it's own bottle, but I'd really like the almond blossom to be in more. *hint hint* :)

In the bottle: A very delicate, sweet blossom.

Wet: Slightly sharper now, with the slightest hint of almond (as in the nut).

Dry: Still blossomy, sliiiightly soapy with a little sweet mint maybe? So glad I got this, it's beautiful.

In the bottle: Almond and snow.

Wet: This definitely smells like almond and snow but with the almond being stronger. This almond smells like almond extract.

Dry: So now the snow has taken over and the almond becomes the background smell. Basically the almond and snow have just switched places between wet and dry. I'm glad though, the almond was a little too strong for my liking. But now that it is not the prominent note its much better.

A sweet, gentle version of the lab's snow note. It's sugary peppermint and a soft, almost powdery, warm, creamy vanilla mixed in with the slushy, clean (but not aggressively soapy) snow note. Makes me think of melting snow and ice, peppermint candy, and snuggling up in a warm, furry jacket while wearing a warm vanilla perfume.
Like all of the lab's snow blends, Lick It, and Snow White had a romp together. I like that this has mint and snow in it, but is still coming off as warm and vanilla-y to me.

Snow notes and I don't always get along, but almond blossom is a favorite floral (because almond), so I wanted to give this a whirl. Wet it's that comforting blast of almond extract which quickly dissipates, leaving a gentle almondy floral in its wake. There's something sharp as it's drying down, maybe a whiff of ozone, but then it all folds into a gentle snow note with a hint of almond blossom. I am not getting the minty note some reviewers have mentioned, which is fine with me. It has lasted an hour and a half but based on current strength I don't think it is going to be particularly long-wearing on me.