BPAL Madness!
Lorencita

The Coiled Serpent

A potent yogic oil that stimulates the kundalini, provokes spiritual awakening, and releases the energy seated in your root chakra.

Soft but dry and masculine. Calming indeed. Reminds me of a dance studio with insence alight. A 'lil too herbal for me but i'm willing to be, this is exactly what you'd expect from this.

I get quite a bit of patchouli in here, but also a lot of other resins. It's very warm and grounding, but there seems to me a bit of a tangy note to it. My nose tells me it's mustard seeds, but I don't think I believe it. I'd wager it's some vegetation mixing with one of the resins and it just reminds me of making sweet pickles. Weird, and not for me.

The Patchouli Imp Pack was one my first Lab purchases, & I have loved The Coiled Serpent ever since. I agree that it evokes incense. It's dry, bittersweet, woody, & earthy as all get out. The patch in this blend is not armpitty; it smells of wood, not people. It dominates the other wood(s.) I'm pretty confident there is sandalwood in the mix. I can't pick out other woods.

I like this blend a lot. It starts out pretty strong, but dries down into a subtle patchouli incense.

In the imp: Whoa, that’s some patchouli! And I think it’s accompanied by a variety of sandalwood (not a white or golden variety… maybe red).

Wet: Patchouli and sandalwood are the notes I get on my skin as well. There’s a smokiness to this that reminds me of beef jerky… vetiver, is that you, or is it a type of smoked wood doing that here? I think there might be a bit of a lemon-y herb as well. Alas, it just keeps getting smokier and more jerky-like over time. :ack:

Dry: This smells like I just took several sticks of jerky and rubbed them all over myself after having anointed myself with some sandalwood earlier in the day.

I see some reviews mentioning cedar, and I could see this being a cedar woodsmoke with some patchouli and sandalwood.

Verdict: Naw. This one is not getting near my skin again. As a vegetarian, I just can’t deal with the jerky smell. Buuuuut if smelling like smoke-flavored dehydrated meats is your jam, have at it. I am going to go attempt to scrub this one off now.