BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Haute Macabre

Oak leaf, bourbon vanilla, almond husk, and black leather accord darkened by a 13-year aged black patchouli.

All almond up front, but ends up smelling leathery and yummy after it dries down. I am going to try this again with one of my more patchouli forward scents to see what happens!

Fresh out of the mailbox from the Haute Macabre restock! So excited.

In the bottle: lots of almond sweetness up front backed by worn-in leather and some patchouli. It's very heavy on the almond, which honestly I like. Slight hints of the bourbon vanilla as well. I think the oak leaf is mixing with the leather and making the leather old, rather than new. I really like how this smells in the bottle, but was hoping for more patchouli.

Wet: its super sweet right now with almond and bourbon vanilla. slight peeks of everything else. The almond starts to mellow about 5 minutes after application, and this 13-year aged black patchouli starts to come forward. On me, it's lighter than i would have imagined, and has almost a floral nature to it. Man, its super beautiful. Once it's dry, the almond has truly just become a top-note; what i can imagine is oak leaf and patchouli constitute the middle (the oak leaf makes this smell a bit like a cloudy damp fall day/evening. This isn't aquatic though- its more like wet leaves) and the leather/bourbon vanilla make this just downright sexy.

Some might consider this a bit masculine because of the leather and oak leaf, but i think this scent is a truly super-sexy unisex fragrance. I can't wait to wear this for a full day to get a feel for it- right now it's going in my favorites row.

i thought i would hate this because i usually hate almond, but after the initial slap of marzipan, a rich black leather comes out, and on the dry down, i get the vanilla and patchouli. a lovely blend.

Got samples of these

Imp : Almond & hints of fake leather.

Skin initial: Seriously black leather. Slick and almost wet.

Drydown: Dirty dark earthy leafy ~ all blooms up giving a glorious backbone to the leather and almond. Becomes seriously black leather. I can see it, I can touch it. It's definitely in the Dominatrix leather realm. The longer it sits the more the patchouli settles in. Longhaul this becomes patchouli, leather, and skin-close vanilla scent.

I really really irrationally love this.I just don't have a decent place to wear it. WAY too dominatrix on me to wear to work without cocked eyebrows. Going to be a Girls Weekend Out scent for me. Unisex truly. Powerful on anyone.

Verdict: Dee & Banshee Beat BDSM session