BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
wickedgoddess

Introducing the Gatekeeper

THE MAZE OF GAMES

Colleen stepped forward to within the figure’s reach. “Excuse me, Sir Skeleton? Who exactly are you?”

As the door slammed shut, the figure reached down to touch Colleen on the forehead. She recoiled from the cold.

“Why, child, I am the Gatekeeper,” he said with a forbidding smile, though in truth his skeletal face nade it hard to tell. “You unlucky children are about to enter my world. And if you keep your wits about you, you might make it out alive.

“So welcome,” he said as the Quaice siblings’ world went black. “Welcome, my young charges, to The Maze of Games.”

Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is proud to debut THE GATEKEEPER, a haunting, puzzling scent in commemoration of The Maze of Games, which is currently debuting on Kickstarter now.

The Maze of Games is an upcoming interactive puzzle novel written by Mike Selinker and illustrated by Pete Venters. It contains over 50 puzzles and a deeply engaging story, all woven together in a “solve your own adventure” style which will keep you jumping from page to page.

The main characters are teenagers Colleen and Samuel Quaice, who live in England in the year 1897. During a visit to the Upper Wolverhampton Library, they discover a musty book called The Maze of Games. This summons a mysterious skeletal guardian named the Gatekeeper, who plunges them into dangerous mazes rife with monsters and bizarre puzzles. Only by solving their way through the mazes will the Quaice children find their way home.

In honor of this enchanting novel, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab is pleased to debut a limited-edition potion that will keep you guessing for days on end.

THE GATEKEEPER

A dry perfume, solemn and riddled with ancient, whispered secrets: brittle bones, the well-worn leather spines of forgotten books, crumbling papyrus, and the warm, strange scent of yellowed, crumbling manuscripts.

The Gatekeeper will be available in Summer 2013 at $26.00 per 5ml bottle.

All purchasers of any Maze of Games book will receive a coupon for $5 off a bottle of The Gatekeeper when it becomes available.

Black Phoenix loves Lone Shark Games! Mike is a phenomenal puzzle-twister and a game designer beyond compare, and he is one hell of a good guy. We are thrilled to be a part of this amazing project!

- Elizabeth Barrial, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab

Sign in to follow this