BPAL Madness!
mermaidsdream

Feed Me and Fill Me With Pleasure

Black patchouli, honey, and thick vanilla amber.

I dunno. it's amazing on paper but bitter and tannin-y on my skin. with lovely honey over top. it's not different enough from occupy wallstreet to me.

This scent was very simple on my skin. In the bottle I smelled a light amber scent which was kinda powdery. On my skin wet it had a little bit of patchouli come out with the amber. It was really light though. I could barely smell it. I did a pretty heavy test too. When it dried down I smelled just powdery amber and light patchouli. This was a fail all around I guess. It had little to no throw and barely any staying power. :(

Wet: Mmm. The patch in this is the drier, woody variety. Beautifully rich and sweet, a little spicy. Really really nice.

Dry: This was promising, but goes a little bit weird on me. There's a weird, slightly unpleasant mustiness that's happening on my skin, and I don't really enjoy it. Too bad! I bet this amazing on different skin.

Feed Me and Fill Me ought to have been a slam dunk on me, based on the notes. But it turns out there's still patchouli I find unsettling: the big black variety. Dark and earthy and a little bitter wet, and the honey and vanilla amber were fighting a losing battle at first. I wasn't sure. Eventually it settled into something very wearable, but I still wasn't sure. It wasn't until I tested my decant of East African black patchouli SN then retested Feed Me that I really got this scent. After experiencing the patchouli raw and unadulterated, and learning to love it, it kind of unlocked this scent for me. It's deep, rich, sweet, and beautiful, and it doesn't last nearly as long as I would like it to (which would be all day and then some...)