BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Courtney

A sweet and over-the-top girly teenybopper perfume mixed with a little tanning lotion and a healthy dollop of pink (very, very pink) bubblegum.

This starts out as a blast of PINK bubblegum, but it quickly morphs into more tanning lotion than anything else on my skin. I like it, though I had hoped the bubblegum would last longer. Hours later, it smells faintly of vanilla, but a lot of BPAL does this on my skin after several hours.

This was love at first sniff! It really does start off with a blast of pink pink bubble gum and stays that way for a long time on my skin. As it dries I also get the faint vanilla smell that angelicruin mentions in her post above. It's a very girly and sweet perfume. Yum!

Yup, this is a very Bubblegum heavy perfume! See, I even capitalized the 'B' :lol:

But, underneath all that chewy pink sugary-ness (which is whoa, way more in your face than lolita or loli), there is antique lace. Now, this perfume is not a dupe at all.. im not trying to get anyone's hopes up.. But that soft vanilla at drydown.. I know that vanilla, and that is unmistakably the one from antique lace! Its that same softly-floral, and daintily-musky vanilla. I didnt notice any coconut though, unfortunately. A hadnt read the notes until the day after I tried it on, so maybe on my next application, I can find it in there.

Overall, what I get from this perfume is, a huge wad of PINK bubblegum, with a very soft, floral-y, vanilla musk way in the background.

It's very similar, in my opinion to Playing with Dangerous Toys v2: dirty bubblegum pink. Hours later deflated, leaving a slight vanilla pink, with metallic background.

Wet: Bazooka Joe single note. It's perfectly sweet and powdery.

Drydown: Softly vanilla-ed bubblegum.

Dry: Disappeared.

Overall: I was fascinated by my sudden desire to collect Bazooka Joe comics again. Thankfully, it passed as this faded into the aether.

Lots of sugary pink bubblegum and I agree with Melliflous, this has a backdrop of vanilla Antique Lace type perfume. It also reminds me of Faith's powdery vanilla and sugared violets. I'm not getting any of the tanning lotion though, which is a shame becuase I love the smell of it. Sadly this doesn't last very long on me, a couple hours all I have left is soft traces of sweet powdery vanilla. Lovely while it lasts!

Pink bubblegum, hints of tanning lotion and vanilla. Very sweet, very girlie, very bubblegum.

Definitely not for me.

Hmm.. from reading previous reviews, I really expected this to be PINK bubblegum but it really isn't that at all on my skin - it has more of a grape-y kind of smell. So.. purple, not pink. And I am picking up something vanilla-ish, but it seems to be mixed with something very WHITE - like skin musk, perhaps? There's a sharpness to the vanilla that really does remind me of 'teenybopper perfume'.. but not in a good way.

I don't like you, Courtney.

At first, a big glob of Bazooka Joe bubblegum. Slightly spicy fake strawberry gum, with even the powder! Dry, toned down a bit, not so bright and fruity. I'm getting a bit of lotion here, along with the powdery strawberry. I don't mind this, it's girly and fun, though does run on the sweet side. My imp will do, for when I'm in a girly girl mood.

First on, Courtney smells like a mix of chewing gum on me (lots of the pink, sweet bubblegum and hints of cinnamon-y big red and powdery spearmint). I was hoping that the tanning lotion would mean coconut + pink bubblegum, but this dries down to a blah, powdery spearmint smell on me for some reason, with a sort of off, chemical-y, bitter note that I'm guessing is supposed to be the tanning lotion. It doesn't smell like something that I would wear as a personal fragrance. It's like the scent equivalent of popping a piece of chewing gum into your mouth and realizing that someone spilled nail polish remover on it or something :/

Got Courtney in a decant circle a few months ago, and I placed her aside and forgot about her. Whoops! I just found her in my purse so I might as well review her. :D

In the imp: BUBBLEGUM! Loud, pink Bazooka bubblegum. Very yummy.

Wet: It's a blast of Bazooka, but it slowly becomes warm and a little bit musky and a bit cinnamony, like there's Big Red gum in here, too. I can also sense the tanning lotion behind all the gum.

Drydown: The gum becomes a bit more subtle and it actually doesn't smell all that bad. It's a musky Bazooka and Big Red combo. The tanning lotion smells a little bit artificial (coconut doesn't like me :<), but it could be worse. It's a bit plastic, but it's not Play-Doh.

Dry: Just a sugary-spicy-musky gum mix with a hint of plastic. It's surprisingly wearable, even with the plastic. It's making me nostalgic, it's like I'm a kid again, sitting at my little plastic pink and white table with my barbies and carefully chewing a giant wad of gum, preparing to blow the world's biggest bubble. :lol:

Verdict? I like it but I don't think I'd be able to wear this when I'm with other people, tbh. I'm sure they'd smell the plastic in it and make a face at me. I'm fine with just my imp for those times when I'm alone and want to reminisce about my childhood. (:

This scent is tons of fun and reminds of a cute blonde teenager hanging out at the beach! It is all bubblegum at first and then dries down to the suntan/coconut scent. It doesn't have major throw and doesn't last long either but it is very fun and cute! I got this as a gift for my sister it should last longer on her skin I hope. :)