BPAL Madness!
jolarocknrolla

Blithe Hollow

Dead leaves and cold, moist breezes set at the edge of a forest of maple, pine, cedar, and cypress.

I get the wonderful "dead leaves" scent which i have always thought was very green (if you have smelled the Autumn Grove atmosphere spray from the BPTP you know what i mean) - more like freshly mown grass, it's sweetened up by the cypress note and the other woods must be very well blended because i can't pick them out. I'd say that despite that, i get more of an aquatic scent overall - a clean (almost citrus) aquatic note. Not a morpher on me really, though the aquatic note does calm down a bit in the dry-down and more of the nice woodsy scent comes through.

I would highly recommend this as a more "masculine" scent, very airy, watery and green with a touch of sweetness from the cypress.

Blithe hollow so far is smelling like a softly sweet soap. The most obvious note is of cool air. Then there are some woods. I get the maple, although to my nose it come off as a drop of maple syrup. Not the tree. Mostly a soft soapy "ozone" with a touch of maple sweetness.

This is a lovely atmospheric scent. I get a blend of crunchy leaves, soft sweet pine, cool breeze and some cedar (which is usually not a note I particularly enjoy but it's surprisingly nice here). I like how everything is well-blended and the woods (mostly pine), breezes and leaves create a very evocative picture of Bilthe Hollow. It's not something I would wear, but I do like how it smells.

Blithe Hollow smells like BPTP's Autumn Grove, except in perfume form. It's this Fall, green-ish dead leaves, hint of woods and a tinge of aquaticness from the cool air. I smell actually a good bit of maple in it, which bring some sweetness to the blend.

It's actually a pretty awesome FALL blend in the GC line. It's fairly masculine on me, so for those of you looking for a Fall blend for your guy, I'd give this a whirl.

I smell like I have been rolling around in pine and cedar branches. :eek: (I did this as a kid in NC) There is a hint of dead leaves on the ground but overall...cedar and pine notes. Pass.

This is really quite lovely.. and I usually never go for the 'dead leaves' and 'forest' kinds of blends - they're really just not my thing at all. But this is one of those clever blends that's much more than the sum of its notes - it's definitely evocative of a cool forest, and I get an almost tactile cool/aquatic/airy tone from it (verging on mint-y, even) that makes me think of a lake in the middle of a forest. Kind of an eerie and misty lake.

Although it's not something I'll wear as a perfume, it is a lovely scent experience and I think that if you're into these cool, forest-y type BPALs then this will definitely impress.

This is a very pretty scent. I found it to be very unisex. It is a cool, sweet mix of forest (definitely pine and cedar) and aquatic/ozone, slightly soap-like but not laundry sheets or anything. I was ready to buy a full bottle but then the maple syrup came out on me and overwhelmed the rest of the notes.

Sweet dry leaves at first. After a bit, I'm getting a fairly strong aquatic along with the leaves. It's not so sweet anymore. There's something like vanilla in the background, but it's a bit plastic. This isn't for me, but nice to try. I like my leaf blends a bit sweeter and feminine.

I commissioned a decant of this because I love the autumn leaves note.

In the vial: Beautiful! Sweet aquatic, autumnal note, very damp and Octoberish.

Wet: This smells like the dead leaves/autumnal note I've loved in a couple other blends like The Wild Swans at Coole. There is evergreen in it too, but the autumnal note is foremost.

Hour and a half: This has gone in an interesting direction. It still smells autumnal, but there's something a little bit brightly sweet about it, almost like a citrusy or floral note similar to a really floral honey.

Many hours later: This one really did wind up kind of in a honey zone, but the journey there was very pleasant. Some of the other autumnal leaf scents have wound up more dry/tannic than sweet on me after a while, so this one actually works better on me than some.

I'm happy it's GC and considering it for bottle status.

The lab's "autumn leaves" note takes center stage here, with pine and sweet maple in supporting roles. I don't really get "cold, moist breezes." More like hanging out in the autumn woods on a chilly, yet sunny afternoon. There's a happiness to this blend. Fall in all its glory. Similar to Samhain or Falling Leaf Moon. Not super strong, but I like it a lot.

Edited by tinyvulture