BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Eternal

Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

This one went a bit too 'perfume' on me, but then faded down to something a little more pleasant. Not a lot of throw on me, and most of the scent didn't last long, but the note it left me with is pleasant, even if it isn't quite what I wanted to get out of it. I'll have to give it other tries at different times of the month, try it again when I don't have this cold, see how it does on me then.

This is absolutely beautiful. A pure floral scent on me. One floral doesnt jump out at me, instead it's just this amazing blend. I'm not smelling much of the rose on my skin, instead it's the other flowers coming through. I'm wanting a big bottle.

In the imp: Powdery white floral.

Wet: Lillies? I suppose that's the gardenia.

Dry: Overwhelming white flowers.

This one's too much for me. It's developed a powderiness that sticks in my throat. I think I've learnt that me and white floral do not like each other.

This starts out almost wholly gardenia, and then morphs into a mixture of gardenia and a faintish heliotrope, and then finally dries down to mostly heliotrope (which on me is almost foody). I do like heliotrope a lot, but it's not very strong here even when it's the last note left, and overall the whole thing just doesn't seem to hang together on me. I may give it another test sometime, but at first test it seems like some notes that are fine by themselves but aren't really melding.

I like the flowers in here :tongue:

But especially the GARDENIA is really peeking out on my skin!

Heliotrope is always hard to fin in perfumes so I am very happy with that too :rolleyes2:

A faint floral on me. That's really about it. I am surprised the white rose and gardenia aren't coming through stronger, but this is just a general faint floral for me.

In the vial: White Floral! With a little bit of something greenish.

Wet: White Floral! With a little bit of a lemony-green-tart scent, though not unpleasant on me like tart/lemony scents usually are - it does remind me a little bit of the honeysuckle notes that have gone off on me. (Honeysuckle, lemon, and frankincense all turn into "lemony floor cleaner" on me for some reason.) Green scents are usually okay, though, so that might be the difference.

Well, wow. This is just stunning. The lemony-green-tart impression fades away into an incredibly beautiful white floral. I don't think I've smelled a stephanotis or cyclamen note in anything before, but white rose is my favorite BPAL note, and heliotrope and gardenia are both notes I love, too. I will say that it's possible the tart note I got earlier was the white rose note, because that does sometimes have a little tartness to it, but that also explains why it didn't go bad on me like a honeysuckle or lemon note might have.

Doing a little research into the two notes I'm not familiar with - cyclamen is described as sweet and a bit watery-cucumbery, and stephanotis is a relative of jasmine that's often used in weddings (boutonnieres, bouquets, wedding hair). It's possible the cyclamen was contributing to the greenish impression earlier, and the stephanotis is probably a "White Floral" like its cousin. (Stephanotis flowers are so pretty!)

Good gosh, this is really, really gorgeous - so much of what I want out of a white floral perfume! I am a little sad I didn't take a chance on this one prior to my wedding, it would be a perfect bridal scent! (Even the name is perfect!) (Which makes sense, three out of the five listed notes are traditional bridal flowers! It was probably part of the idea, hee.) Even the extreme drydown is lovely; the heliotrope seems to be the longest-lasting note on me, and on me heliotrope is a sort of vanillic-sweet-powderiness (but in a good way! not any of the bad "powdery" smells you might be thinking of).

It's "glowing," really, just a stunning and radiant white floral - there is definitely a big bottle of this in my future!

Wet: Sweet soapy floral, and something that smells suspiciously like jasmine, but not quite. Something else that smells like lotus/bubblegum, but not quite. This is odd on me, I do not think it's agreeing with my chemistry.

Dry: Soap, soapy soap! Sweet, pretty soap, but soap nonetheless. Surprisingly I kind of like it....but not enough that I want to wear it. I find it quite nostalgic though, and it would make me really happy as a room spray.

In the imp: A bouquet of sweet, white florals.

Wet: I'm not familiar enough with the scent of heliotrope or cyclamen to pick them out, but this is a sweet white floral bouquet.

Dry: It's even sweeter on me now, but softer. The scent doesn't veer into soap territory despite all of the white florals present.

Verdict: This one is nice. I can't see myself reaching for it as I vastly prefer wearing sugary florals (and not just straight-up florals), but I enjoy it more than I thought I would.

A pure floral is something I rarely find myself reaching for, but I like gardenia so I thought I'd give it a whirl. The gardenia is lovely here -- really, the whole thing is lovely, an old-fashioned floral our great-grandmothers might have worn to church. If white florals are your jam, you can hardly go wrong here.