BPAL Madness!
sharkdiver

Goblin Cider

A dark, earthy ginger cider.

Oh Gosh! Where do i start?

Upon application, the visual memory and smell of grapes pomace hits me in the nose along with the fizzy ginger!

As the oil slowly evaporates, a vanilla creme custard note develops joining the sparkly ginger, which looses its potency. It's an unexpected combo, but i can't say it's bad. Still unsual, but long-lasting!

Yum! This smells quite similar to a slow cooker apple jam I had made. There are definitely some darker spices in this cider, smells of ginger and cloves to me. It becomes more apple-y as it dries. Very tasty, delicious apple cider!

This is such a really nice almost fermented apple, ginger cider both in the bottle and on my skin. A tiny bit of cinnamon (that is what my nose smells at least) emerges but it's just in the background giving it a little extra kick of spice. I really love it for Autumn.

This is all ginger, fruit & fizz on me. Maybe a hint of molasses that melds well with the ginger. Fun & just the thing for a rainy day!

Wet: As described! A strong, earthy, gingery cider. The cinnamon blooms shortly after.

Dry: Spicy and a bit fruity. Most of the apple fades on me, as apple often does. I do like this, but I have other similar blends that I like just as well or better, so I won't be getting more.

Decant: very very earth. Vetiver earth and the sharp heat of ginger
Wet on Me: Ginger!! Oh Hai Ginger!
Drying Down: Totally getting ginger kinda cinnamon-y cider. A lot less of the vetiver type scent.
Dry: This sharp bubbly ginger-y apple-y almost cinnamon-y cider. Kinda Cool. Also smells like something I would want in an atmo spray or candle!

In the decant: That’s some earthy, ginger apple cider, all right.

Wet: It feels weird to be testing this in the summer. One whiff of this and I am already longing for autumn! At first, predominantly like apple cider with some ginger in the background, but the ginger note seems to be getting stronger as it sits on my skin. I’m reminded a bit of Lambs-Wool without the presence of spices like cinnamon. I have sensitive skin, so I was worried this might burn and leave welts, like Dwarven Ale, or be too heavy on the spice like Autumn Cider, but I haven’t experienced any burning so far!

Dry: It still smells like cider, but the ginger is more prominent now, and now I think there is cinnamon at play here adding some extra spice. I keep thinking like there’s some waxy red apple peel involved in this, so maybe my skin chemistry is doing something odd with this and trying to pull it into candle territory.

Verdict: This is a nice autumnal GC! I don’t need more of it because I vastly prefer Lambs-Wool, which doesn’t have an odd quality to it on my skin. I am really glad I tried this one, though!