BPAL Madness!
orata

Dawn: Mourning Victory

Red sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, white tea, hyacinth, rosehips, and tuberose.

This is a gorgeous, complex floral! A creamy jasmine note is the strongest note on me, with a gentle rose note as a runner-up, but these are well blended with the hyacinth and tuberose; the heady tuberose becomes more prominent as it dries. The tea lends it some fruity freshness that is more evident from farther away.

Rose and white tea are two notes that can end up being overpoweringly sharp on me, but they are well balanced here and don't smell sharp or harsh at all. It reminds me a bit of Alice minus the bergamot and cream, but I like this better. I'd be curious to compare it to Maiden, which I haven't tried yet, but I know it also has rose and white tea.

White florals often turn to burned rubber on my skin, but this one is working fine so far. I wasn't taken with the scent from its description, but after trying it, I would consider a big bottle of this.

You know when you walk into a Florist's shop, that waft of heaven that hits your nose? That's what this smells like to me, so fresh and airy. I love this, I will be getting a BB with my next order.

JASMINE attack! Hints of tuberose and hyacinth.

It's like being mugged by Jasmine.

PASS.

I haven't really enjoyed any of the Dawn blends, but I think that this is my least favorite so far. To be fair, I'm not often fond of bpal's jasmine or tuberose, and those are the two main notes I get from this one. Mourning Victory turns into a slightly sour, very perfumey, sharp jasmine and white floral scent on my skin. Rose is usually really strong on me, but I actually don't get any rose from this, where it was very obvious in the other Dawn scents. Too much sharp floral for me.

I get a lot of hyacinth from this one (I have a few bulbs in my garden) but I wouldn't really like wearing it as perfume. Just not my kind of floral - I'm also not a big fan of jasmine & tuberose & though I'm not noticing those notes in particular, they could be contributing to my overall dislike.

I have had this bottle for almost six months, and haven't reviewed yet? :blush:

This is an incredibly well blended scent, but I can get whiffs of each seperate floral depending on how far away from my arm I am sniffing. Close, it is mostly hyacinth, and then as I move farther away (like normal wrist-length to my nose) I am getting wafts of tuberose, jasmine and hyacinth. I think the tea and rosehips add a freshness, a lightness to this scent, and the sandalwood grounds it.

Light, airy, lovely floral. Not too overpowering, very elegant.