BPAL Madness!

Profoundly sensual. The echo of caresses: raw black coconut, ambergris accord, ambrette seed, champaca flower, and sugar cane.

2018:

Body, Remember is a surprise because I get all listed notes from the first inhale. Strongest on me is a very green and syrupy sugar cane, followed by a more floral than usual champaca (it seems like there might be other hidden flowers with it), dark coconut, and a musky and almost woody ambergris-ambrette mix.

An appealing blend that would be interesting to pair with The Pleasure of Aristocratic Women, with its coconut-almond-teak thing.

Edited by Casablanca

Holy crap. The champaca is so strong with that sugar cane. A dash of coconut is thrown in and on me it's mostly the scent of some lemon or lime wet n wild Chapstick. :/

2018:

I never got to try the older version, but this one is lovely! I do agree that there is some FRUIT of some kind in the imp and wet, but it dries down in a more subtle way... in fact it loses most of the top-note fruit whatever after 5-10 minutes on me. It's sweet, musky, and very subtly floral. The coconut isn't beachy coconut on me... it's that muted black coconut / coconut husk that lurks under other woody things. I like it!

Edited by Pika

2018 version.

OK, if I hadn't been looking at the notes list, I would have been willing to swear in a court of law that there was orange, or at least orange blossom, in this. It starts with sort of a floral orangey scent, then I get more of the coconut along with some musky sweetness. It's evocative of sunscreen, tropical drinks, and warm skin, and will be a great scent for summer. I don't always mesh with this type of scent, but I'm liking it here.

Unfortunately, it fades on me after about an hour. Decant keeper, but probably not a bottle.

Smells really warm and pretty. Reminds me a bit of the Lush Godiva shampoo bar, but creamier. A definite favorite.

Where I'd wear it: Date night, early summer

2018 version.

In the decant: Sweeter than I was anticipating! I'm getting lots of champaca flower, sugar cane, and coconut.

Wet: The champaca and sugar cane are the strongest notes on me, with the sugar cane being the strongest note. Then, the coconut joins in. The ambergris is present, but I feel like it's role is to tie the notes together instead of being a main player itself.

Dry: This is still sweet sugar cane, champaca, and black coconut on a bed of ambergris, although I do get a bit of the ambrette seed in the background adding some more warmth to the scent during this stage.

Verdict: This is too tropical and almost candy-like for me, but I'm glad that I was able to try it.

Creamy floral with smooth dark coconut carrying the blossoms. I never get the fruity notes others are talking about. It is very very nice, But it does not linger on my skin for very long.

Everyone was going on about how sensual this is, so I had to try it. I really wasn't impressed when I first tried it from the mailbox. Now that it's had a month to sit, I'm trying it again. Sweet coconut, but not like BBW Cream Coconut. It's creamy in another way, I'm guessing from the ambergris and ambrette seed. Perhaps like a coconut cream pie with a bit of skin musk? It's really nice, but not what I would consider sensual.

2018 version.

This started out kind of suntan lotiony. The coconut combined with the sugar cane and ambergris make it kind of tanning oil ish for a bit. Given time to dry though that does fade for the most part. The sugary coconut at least moves to the background. The ambergris comes even more forward but it's less tanning oil and more of a beachy-sweet-salty musk at this point. Then the ambrette comes forward and turns this from a 'meh' scent into an 'ugh' scent. It really doesn't work on my skin. It's supposed to smell kind of musky-nutty-leathery but in combination with the ambergris it makes this blend go kind of plasticky/rubbery on me. The champaca basically doesn't exist. Medium throw but not sure of wear length, I ended up washing this off.

Edited by mishi-bear