BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Halloween: Las Vegas

The aftermath of piratical nuptials: walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.

Pulled this one out a few days ago, here are my notes:

Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but on me this is like Eat Me plus a big ol' bowl of cake frosting. There's some booziness in it as well. I get no incense at all, and not a whole lot of nuance or complexity, I guess because everything else is drowned out by FROSTING.

Hey, I don't mind, I like frosting.

In the imp: Oh this is nice! First sniff is juicy red berries, probably the wine. With a smokey backdrop and just a little bit of cake. Now, I usually don't work great with cake scents, the buttery vanilla in it usually kills it for me straight away. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.

On: A quick burst of red berries and then it swiftly moves over for a red wine and cocoa scent. Smoke is coming out more and more. My second fear is smoke/tobacco, by now you're probably wondering why I even bothered to try this scent but I'm very determined to fight my skin's hatred for the smokey stuff and make it realize that it can be great in smells! But it usually amps like crazy on me and makes me smell of sour ashtray - womp womp. This, however, almost smells like mulled wine on my skin. Something I don't mind at all.

The red wine stays dominant for quite some time. Then it sweetens up quite a bit and I finally smell the frosting..but that's only for a very short while before Halloween: Las Vegas smells like a relaxing cup of tea after hours of hard partying.

Halloween in Las Vegas was way too much STICKY red wine. Like you spilled it all over yourself and then got into a food fight at the dessert bar, had a guy that just smoked and wore too much men's cologne carry you out of the place. His scent mashed into yours. The kind of smell you just want to wash off. So much "Ewww" on me.