BPAL Madness!
boxinghelena

Chokecherry Honey

In the imp/wet - cherry cough syrup.

Freshly applied/just starting to dry - The cough syrup has transitioned into a cherry/cherry blossom scent that's relatively pleasant, but not really me. Sweet, but I don't really get much honey from it. Unfortunately, after about five minutes of pleasant-smelling cherry, the cherry note starts to morph into something plastic-y and faintly chemical-smelling.

One hour in - No honey at all, just a cherry scent that is somehow both chemically/plastic-y, cool, and cloying. Fail. Cherry is apparently not a note my skin chemistry likes. You know that cherry-flavored gritty plaster/rubber/paste substance they used to use to take impressions of your bite in the orthodontist's office back during the 1990s? The drydown of Chokecherry Honey is unfortunately reminiscent of that stuff. This is not the sweet cherry-pie-filling scent I'd hoped for nor even the fruity cherry blossom I got for the first few minutes.

After over an hour of cloying, plastic-y fail, Chokecherry Honey started to improve slightly around the two-hour mark as the cherry note finally began to fade. It was entirely gone by three hours of so, and I was glad to see it go.

First on: very sweet. Smells like cherry gummy candies. I'm starting to think every fruit scent I get is going to smell like candy on me. :P

After drying a bit: The cherry's mostly faded away and I'm getting spiced honey. Smells like a milder version of Bard.

After about eight or nine hours: Still smells like spiced honey, but milder and sweeter. Less spice and more honey.

Conclusion: I love this perfume! I mean, I love basically anything with honey, but still. It's a keeper for me.

Imp: overly sweet cherry
Wet on Me: Vicks 44 cherry.
Drying Down: oooooo something went evil bug spray smelling. I'm getting a Raid note now
Dry: nope. can't do it. Cherry Raid over honey. nooooooooooooooo

Cherries and I rarely get along. They are often very unfriendly to me and refuse to smell like anything but medicine or a pre-teen's glitter body spray. I'll give anything a go, though. The first 5 minutes was like I had spilled Robitussin all over myself, but the honey made a valiant effort to wrangle it back in. After about 15 minutes the cherries and honey are grudgingly sitting next to each-other and behaving. They never really blend for me and kind of just sit in a stalemate till it wears off in a few hours. I remember a friend saying that they liked it because it reminded them of smoking a pipe with cherry tobacco, and I was really hoping that was the case for me as I love that smell. I guess it's not to be this time.

Wet: Cherry and a little bit of honey! Kind of giving me a Luden's cough drop vibe. (If you've never had them, Luden's cherry cough drops taste like candy. I'm not even sure they're that effective, but they taste good, and they're always in my cupboard.)

Dry: Sweet cherries, a hint of honey... and a tad bit of baby powder. BAH.

I'll still hold on to my imp, but this would have been bottle-worthy if it wasn't for the baby powder smell.